Why become a member? ×

Warwick Thumb 9V Battery clip

Josh

Hey guys,

So tonight I found out the hard way that one of the connectors on one of the 9V battery clips has popped off. I changed the batteries about a couple of weeks ago and didn’t notice anything unusual. I’ve been using the bass perfectly up until earlier tonight whilst I was about to do some recording and suddenly I wasn’t getting any output other than when it was switched to passive mode. It’s only when I got it home and took the batteries out again that I noticed it was missing.

Is it a relatively easy fix or will it require a bit more expertise?

Thanks,

Josh.

1B55B682-E2E6-4031-829F-3BB8F7FBE03B.jpeg

Edited by Josh

Hi Josh,

This is about a simple as repairs can get, although it's still best left to someone who has some experience soldering. A new connector can be had at several places in the net, for example RS components have a pack of 5 of them for £1.06, so about 21p each. The new connectors come with 6 inches or so of wire - you could either trace back the old connectors back to where they attach to the circuit board, unsolder them and solder in the new ones, or (slightly simpler, but less elegant) you could just cut the old connector off, join up the wires with some solder, then use insulating tape to make sure nothing shorts out.

10 minutes work either way once you have the connector, as long as you can solder - it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who can solder if you can't, or don't have the kit.

Steve

• Thanks 1

On all three of my Warwicks the battery leads go into an orange plastic connector with 7 holes. This connects to the MEC preamp board. Not sure if they require soldering in but maybe not? It could just be a push fit connector but seems quite stiff so I’m not going to try pulling it off in case it’s soldered ;)

Thanks for the help guys :) 

On 08/04/2018 at 21:22, dyerseve said:

Josh i have (non warwick) spares so let me know your address and i will post one FOC 

I had already ordered a new one before you said but thanks very much though man :) 

• Like 1