Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Source Audio Manta Bass Filter - £90 including recorded UK delivery
£95

Quatschmacher

This is an incredibly versatile pedal which has 24 different filter models (low pass 2/4 pole, band pass, multi-peak, phasers etc). These can be controlled by your bass’s envelope signal, by an LFO or by a mixture of the two.

There are also 6 different drives (including gated fuzz and octave fuzz) which can be used in conjunction with your choice of filter.

You can store 2 presets on the pedal but if you hook it up to the Neuro Hub you can save 128 “scenes” across 5 different pedals!

There is quick access to all the important parameters (cutoff frequency, resonance, speed, filter effect depth, etc).

This is fantastic way into getting synth sounds from your bass. Use it with an octaver and there’s all manner of goodness to be had.

It also does “regular” wah and phasing, etc.

It is in excellent condition and comes boxed with the UK power supply.

2nd Class recorded (UK) delivery is included in the price.

I can post the same day if sale is confirmed by 8.30am of that day as I can take it with me to work and post from there.

86C61B83-DB0E-47BE-B1E2-771F05C8F9D2.jpeg

941C5E5E-DB05-46CD-98A8-7EFE670CDD4A.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

Everybody should at least try one of these

Glwts

That’s my feeling too. At the very least it’s a great way to try out a bunch of different filters to see which ones one likes. Also a great way to get into the nuts and bolts of how various parameters (cutoff, resonance, envelope amount, etc.) affect the sound.

I’d love to keep it but for the sake of my bank balance and decluttering my brain I feel I should move it on.

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

That’s my feeling too. At the very least it’s a great way to try out a bunch of different filters to see which ones one likes. Also a great way to get into the nuts and bolts of how various parameters (cutoff, resonance, envelope amount, etc.) affect the sound.

This +1000

if you haven't tried a filthy gated fuzz into this your seriously missing out.

the great thing about the manta is that it responds to note attack in a more controllable way. a strong gated fuzz sound would pin open a traditional envelope follower almost instantly. whereas the manta opens always at the rate you set it. perfect for authentic synth tones.

3 minutes ago, GisserD said:

the great thing about the manta is that it responds to note attack in a more controllable way. a strong gated fuzz sound would pin open a traditional envelope follower almost instantly. whereas the manta opens always at the rate you set it. perfect for authentic synth tones.

Maybe I should wait until I get to try a Mastotron through it. Bizarrely I didn’t manage to try the Zeus through this. 

49 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Maybe I should wait until I get to try a Mastotron through it. Bizarrely I didn’t manage to try the Zeus through this. 

keep it. you have to try this! like i said, i might have a mastotron coming up

• Like 1

On 25/04/2018 at 10:53, GisserD said:

This is partly what swung it for me to keep it. I just ran a Mastotron into this and it is brilliant. Also, I had a longer play around with many of the other filter settings and tweaked them and found a few more great things in there. 

Hah! You've totally made the right decision to be holding onto this. I've just been enjoying my Markbass SS into the Manta, it takes a really good synth and makes it even better. The Manta has to be up there as the pedal to have at the end of your chain. Very versatile and great value for the money (particularly if you can pick one up second hand).