Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - Antoria EB3 (Japan) 1971 with original case and candy £200
£200

three

Gorgeous Antoria EB3 copy from around 1971 - slotted headstock with pearl Antoria logo, 34" scale - almost unplayed and in astounding condition.  Supplied with the original case and all the case candy (very early '70s woven strap, two psychedelic pearl plectrums - with holes in the middle - and a lead that took me back a long way!)  All of this lot is in incredible condition - time-capsule really.  I bought this some time back without reading the description properly - I thought it was short-scale.  There's a lovely story with the bass too (I won't bore readers here).  There is some extremely minor play-wear (just micro surface finger nail marks) but this is like going back in time to music shops of the early '70s.  The bass sounds great and works perfectly.  I removed the bridge cover and part of the mute assembly but it's in the case.  Original strings are there too but I re-strung with D'addario nickel 40-100 rounds.  Apologies for the images, this is a gloss cherry finish but there was almost no light when taking pictures.  No trades thanks and collection in Manchester or Birmingham much preferred.  I may be able to ship to the UK at cost but will need to source a box.

A1.jpg

A3.jpg

A8.jpg

A6.jpg

A7.jpg

A4.jpg

A5.jpg

Edited by three

Very cool - kind of glad I'm too late!

You might be interested to know that these have serial-stamped pickups which will give an accurate manufacturing date for the instrument. The second digit of the code is the year, ie 1 would be '71.

10 hours ago, three said:

Wow, thanks - I’ll take a look. This one hasa lovely story with it!

Can we have the lovely story, please? I could do with cheering up 🙏

• Like 1