Why become a member? ×

Things that annoy you...

rushscored4

25 minutes ago, Japhet said:

Being expected to have all band communication via f***ing Facebook. Just send me a text (or, gasp! Ring me) so I don't have to trawl through pages of 'What I had for breakfast', 'Look at my new shoes', 'Isn't my cat cute'.

Why on earth would you need to comment on cat pictures using messenger? Our singer has a facebook account but only uses it for messenger, which was great. But now the guitarist decided he didn't want to be on facebook, so we have to use whatsapp, which is less good.

Sure as hell wouldn't want to have to ring people because they can't go on facebook without getting absorbed in cat pictures!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rushscored4 said:

We're all in a band what's app group.

Apart from the drummer who doesn't have a smart phone so we have to email everything to him and wait for a reply several days later... :dash1:

Our feckin' keyboard player has a smart phone, tablet, pc, laptop, macbook etc etc etc is constantly connected, very tech savvy and literally never replies to requests for availability in our messenger group. If he wasn't best buddies with the guy who started the band he'd be in the ducking stool.

11 hours ago, Les said:

Messenger's great for running the band. one message to all members who can pick it up at their leisure. It's a good tool.

Our band uses messenger all the time to organise stuff. Works very well. One band member in a previous band had a 'problem' with Facebook . Made things a bit awkward.

9 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Our band uses messenger all the time to organise stuff. Works very well. One band member in a previous band had a 'problem' with Facebook . Made things a bit awkward.

I too have massive issues with FB but Messenger lite is free to install on your phone does not require the FB app so it's not difficult. Just set up an FB account with none of your private information on it and simply use messenger. It's what I do. 

20 hours ago, stewblack said:

Our feckin' keyboard player has a smart phone, tablet, pc, laptop, macbook etc etc etc is constantly connected, very tech savvy and literally never replies to requests for availability in our messenger group. If he wasn't best buddies with the guy who started the band he'd be in the ducking stool.

+1 for this. Taking ages to reply to availabiliity.....'ooh sorry, I haven't looked on here for a bit!!!!'  when they are the one who is always saying ...'we need more gigs'

Doesn't happen in my current band thank f*ck, even with our drummer on holiday in Australia

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Les said:

Have to say this day and age if we auditioned someone who had no way of being contacted other than a phone call, they would not get the job.

I've heard that one before. The guy that loves saying things like;

" I don't have the internet "

" i don't have a smart phone"

Blue

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bluewine said:

I've heard that one before. The guy that loves saying things like;

" I don't have the internet "

" i don't have a smart phone"

Blue

Simple answer, I'd have thought, Blue, he either has to get them or get replaced. Being able to contact someone on a band is as important as them having decent chops and their own gear. 

On 4/14/2018 at 12:57, rushscored4 said:

We're all in a band what's app group.

Apart from the drummer who doesn't have a smart phone so we have to email everything to him and wait for a reply several days later... :dash1:

What is it with drummers?

Our drummer is the only one of us without a facebook

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lowregisterhead said:

Guitarists who are mind-bogglingly loud onstage and still expect to be DI'd in the PA. In a pub.

And worse still when the keyboardist has two amps pointing at his head plus he wants to go thru the pa - and therefore the floor monitors too, but he then can't grasp why the rest of us are saying we're struggling to hear what we are playing.:facepalm:

• Haha 1

On 16/04/2018 at 19:29, Twigman said:

What is it with drummers?

Our drummer is the only one of us without a facebook

There's a shortage of drummers....so they perhaps don't have to put as much effort in. Mind you there are some drummers where it wouldn't matter as much.....

Drummer.png

• Like 1