Why become a member? ×

Private Rehearsal Space - Central Scotland

Crawford13

Does anyone know of any private rehearsal space that can be rented in central Scotland? My band like the idea of having our own space we can rent and leave our gear so we can rehearsal when we want instead of having to conform to time slots. Cheers

3 hours ago, Simon. said:

I used to use SubStation in Rosyth. They have a couple of rehearsal rooms for hourly rent, but did have a 3rd space which we had as a monthly rental. Not sure if they are still doing that, but it's worth asking.

Thanks, I will check that out.

We used to use a builders office space in Borders regions so it might be worth asking around if you know anyone with a possible spare office that you could use after work hrs or weekends. We paid a monthly rental of £80 but we could use any night or weekend we wanted and we could leave our gear and PA set up ready to go.

Dave 

Isn't it cheaper and easier to just buy a Jamhub and a used e-drums kit and rehearse at home? that way you spend your money in beer and snacks?

We did that and:

- Haven't missed playing and hauling our gear around

- Never looked back as once you get used to the headphones everything is better and your singer won't end up voiceless and your neighbours will not hate you.

- You can rehearse anywhere at anytime for as long as you need it.

Edited by Mcgiver69

1 hour ago, Mcgiver69 said:

Isn't it cheaper and easier to just buy a Jamhub and a used e-drums kit and rehearse at home? that way you spend your money in beer and snacks?

We did that and:

- Haven't missed playing and hauling our gear around

- Never looked back as once you get used to the headphones everything is better and your singer won't end up voiceless and your neighbours will not hate you.

- You can rehearse anywhere at anytime for as long as you need it.

Glad it’s working for your band. I think it would be a pretty hard sell to my band...

10 hours ago, thodrik said:

I used various units in that the development over the years. Cracking set up once you take the time to set up the room to your liking. 

Thanks guys, there’s a few different places on this website, which one have you guys used?

15 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

Glad it’s working for your band. I think it would be a pretty hard sell to my band...

In all honesty it wasn't a walk in the park for me to sell it to my band but after some convincing they decided to try it out and they now are glad we went that way. I remember that after the first rehearsal the singer commenting that it was the first time in a long time her voice was not affected after a rehearsal.

In terms of the site at Dalmarnock site, the rent is generally dependent on the size of the room you are using. You are honestly just best off contacting the company to see what they have available. A general guide would by £280 -£400 per month though it has been a couple of years since I was renting directly from the company. There might not be anything free either if all the rooms are currently rented out. 

In practical terms to most likely chance of getting a room there is via an official 'sub let' from the main tenant who is renting the space from the company and sharing with one of two other bands for costs sake. Spaces on it can be advertised on Gumtree etc. 

I am aware that there used to be rehearsal spaces for rent behind Viper in the West End. Given the location though, the rooms were pretty small and the rent was higher as well. 

Think i'll stick with Berkeley studios in Glasgow. All the gear is there apart from me and my bass. Costing us approx £120 / month.

Was paying £80 / month for a studio space in Borders area but it was basically a builder that had a spare large office he didn't need and we could leave all our gear there. Included electricity and use at anytime. Think that was just a bit of luck to be honest. Friend of a friend kinda thing.

Dave