Why become a member? ×

Thoughts on this wood?

Stu-khag

Hello I bought this body about 12 years ago on eBay for not much- it was sold as pine so assumed that's what it was. The intention was to use it to practice on with painted my/ sanding finishing and then eventually turn it into a little table. i found it in my attic the other week and offered it to a carpenter friend to make a something with- he thinks it isn't pine. Anyways what do you think? I'm tempted to think about turning it into some sort of guitar now or perhaps gifting it to someone and then buying it back once they finished ! 

IMG_1946.JPG

Edited by Stu-khag

Pink streaks in P . Pine ?  I dont remember that. We used to train with P. Pine at  Tae Kwondo, because when you punch / kick it (properly) it makes a clean split with no splinters,  but i never saw pink streaks, but happy to be wrong, if i am.

The wood in the OP does look like Pine , but then it looks like a lot of similar light coloured woods,  looking at the grain/colour

Edited by fleabag