Why become a member? ×

Pickguard colour recommendations

Guest MoJo

10 hours ago, discreet said:

Agggghhhhhhh nnnooooooooo!!!!!

It's still better than a plain piece of plastic. I bought a sunburst Jazz recently, got it home and ordered a tort plate before I had the kettle on. Didn't play it until the next day when my lovely tort plate arrived and was on the bass. The white/black/white Fender plate it came with has been hidden from human eyes.

36 minutes ago, discreet said:

Erm... probably least said about that the better... O.o

I won't mention it again. It's sat in a drawer with other non-tort guards removed from various Fenders, with one tort guard that hasn't got a bass to enhance there to keep them in order.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have a stab at making my own, primarily because the none of the pickguards available in the aftermarket fit a Vintage V4. I'm thinking of making a mint one and a tort one and see which I prefer

29 minutes ago, MoJo said:

I'm going to have a stab at making my own, primarily because the none of the pickguards available in the aftermarket fit a Vintage V4.

You can spray your existing pickguard. Mint paint is available. You can't spray tort though, unfortunately. But you could always slice one off the Tortloaf...

image-jpg.761834