Why become a member? ×

NAD: Markbass Little Marcus 800

franzbassist

On 4/11/2018 at 18:20, walbassist said:

Here it is paired with a 102HF Limited Edition.  Seriously good tones, and very loud for a single 2x10!

Out of interest, do the wooden blocks lifting the cab of the ground do anything? I'm always looking for any sound improvement tips no matter how bizarre they may seam.

Edited by walbassist

23 minutes ago, bassjim said:

Out of interest, do the wooden blocks lifting the cab of the ground do anything? I'm always looking for any sound improvement tips no matter how bizarre they may seam.

I'd love to say they make some amazing difference to the tone, but the reality is they just keep the cab off a solid concrete garage floor!

On 06/04/2018 at 08:37, dannybuoy said:

Sounds like great sonic improvements. Now they just have to improve the looks!

I know its in the eye of the beholder...but yep the looks are Ming! Could have a small signature rather than a picture of Marcus imo. Sounds nice though :-).

Edited by danbowskill

15 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Nice!

+1 to that!

@walbassist - please excuse my ignorance, but what is the make / model of your rather fine 5er? I couldn't quite make out the lettering on the headstock from the pic...

On a more technical note, what difference do you find having the wedge below the cab makes? I kinda thought (maybe wrongly) that a fair bit of bass is 'communicated' through the floor, is that element not simply lost? 

7 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

+1 to that!

@walbassist - please excuse my ignorance, but what is the make / model of your rather fine 5er? I couldn't quite make out the lettering on the headstock from the pic...

On a more technical note, what difference do you find having the wedge below the cab makes? I kinda thought (maybe wrongly) that a fair bit of bass is 'communicated' through the floor, is that element not simply lost? 

@Al Krow it's a Franz Sirius DC from Germany.  Custom made for me and featuring a chestnut top taken from a tree felled in my parent's garden.  I also use a fretless Franz.

36154490971_47f1a2b340_b.jpg

27444670914_a24e73e867_b.jpg

I used the wedge to tame the bottom end in what was a relatively small room with suspended wooden floor.

Edited by walbassist
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, walbassist said:

@Al Krow it's a Franz Sirius DC from Germany.

I used the wedge to tame the bottom end in what was a relatively small room with suspended wooden floor.

Thanks for clarifying that - I'll readily admit not a make / model I've previously come across. How did you discover / what pups and EQ does it have?

Ok that makes sense with the wedge - so it's not something you use as 'standard'?

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Thanks for clarifying that - I'll readily admit not a make / model I've previously come across. How did you discover / what pups and EQ does it have?

Ok that makes sense with the wedge - so it's not something you use as 'standard'?

I bought the fretless first, from Thomann actually, as I wanted a really light, resonant, chambered fretless.  The bass was just perfect, so I had a fretted bass built as well.  Never been so happy with my basses :)  All the spec for my bass is on the homepage here.

No I don't use the wedge as standard, just as and when it's needed.

Edited by walbassist