Why become a member? ×

*Sold pending Trace Elliot GP12 SMX300 amp head £215 incl del UK
£235

Amp is in excellent condition and first class working and is very loud. Very well cared for.

IMO there’s always been a tossup between the AH250 MKV and the SMX250/300. This model wins as it has the valve blend and is lighter.

Head Specs:
280w RMS/580w peak fan cooled head (the fan is not silent but cannot be heard above anything else - I must state this because there are some funny bugxxxx about - to me it’s fine) Has active passive input selector, tube/solid state blending, pre-shape and 2 shaping options, 12 band graphic EQ with controlable level, independent Low and high compressesors, Effects level and send level with full range and high pass options, DI out built in, can power two 8 ohm cabs. Made in England around 1998 - the Trace golden era.

Welcome to trial/test here in Coseley West Mids - you won’t be disappointed.

1E19D01B-6F1E-4B92-9625-F0E061C98567.jpeg

C2F3E824-B4AA-49B4-A58F-2749B5EDAAE4.jpeg

877E95E4-C85A-442D-A838-439ECC81BA6C.jpeg

B89490BE-F187-4043-B237-24FBF1C1E976.jpeg

B6E18A56-FEC3-48A6-8EF8-A635BFB8CD36.jpeg

E4ECC345-3E80-431B-BEF9-4929F3B942E0.jpeg

Edited by geoff90guitar

9 minutes ago, geoff90guitar said:

Nice comment Ian. I think you’ May find yourself trying all the class D stuff but not feeling completely satisfied.

Quite! Class D has its benefits but there is a lack of personality to them. It can’t be just me that’s noticed a small rebellion away from Class D back to Class Heft. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ianrendall said:

Quite! Class D has its benefits but there is a lack of personality to them. It can’t be just me that’s noticed a small rebellion away from Class D back to Class Heft. 

I’ve joined it! A Hellborg 500 (50lbs), then Geoff’s TE mk iv 250 (40lbs) and a DB750 (80lbs in its case). Worth every ounce. I’d love to add Geoff’s SMX. Brilliant seller (bent over backwards to help me collect) and this 300 looks super clean

Edited by three
  • Like 2

I owned this very amp for about 3 weeks, until Geoff asked to buy it back again because he missed it ;-)

Kind of regret selling it now, as it was a real cracker of an amp, and stupidly good value, but I’ve got a new plaything now (as you do) so I don’t need to get it back again.

No I don’t 

No I don’t 

PS Geoff is a top notch seller. Buy this box of heft with confidence.

• Like 1

Reduced to £215 and that includes delivery.

I’m retiring on NYE and will be dropping it to the lads about mid November but will dep after NYE until they are fixed up.

Sad really, only missed two NYEs in more than 50 years playing. I don’t want to pack it in but I don’t want to lose time with my grandkids like I did my kids - and my wife of course.