Jerrylejer

S.MARTYN FREEDOM 6 **ON HOLD**
£1900

Posted (edited)

S.MARTYN FREEDOM 6, 33’ scale, set neck, totally passive with one humbucker, 1 knob with tonality and master volume. Nothing confusing = Plug and play ! 

Brazilian Woods are top notch with a “to die for” Imbuia front table, just look at it ! Body is Vinhatico, neck is Perobra di campo with Ebony slices and Brazilian Rosewood fretboard. 

Some sound here :

https://www.soundslice.com/slices/DwqNc/

And there :

facebook.com/samuelluthier/posts/1185307034881635

S.Martyn FB :

facebook.com/smartynguitars/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Open to trades but 6 stings only !

Price is 1950£ (Not 1900£) + shipping 

Bass is located in France Paris 

F6014B6D-9C29-4D5A-B3D2-422A417504F0.jpeg

B07E0057-4565-4245-99F0-1BFFD2239C29.jpeg

2C276F95-2F3B-4E1D-8198-45D2C5554EC7.jpeg

6A6A8B5C-897B-474E-8FC7-F01231C773EE.jpeg

1ED58C9A-D39D-44EE-B1F7-B71C2091C67C.jpeg

CCE2CA48-82D5-4968-8FDA-BDE973553E45.jpeg

5F336F77-FBD9-46CC-86CA-794A4613E40C.jpeg

55AF671B-BC51-4B86-B11B-B73873D7350C.jpeg

FBC9C1C2-BFEF-4947-B8AE-E67C3D49CC03.jpeg

Edited by Jerrylejer
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jerrylejer said:

Price is 1950£ (Not 1900£) + shipping 

You should change the price in the title then!very foderish. 

Nice bass

Edited by fiatcoupe432
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, fiatcoupe432 said:

You should change the price in the title then!very foderish. 

Nice bass

I tried but could'nt find the way to change the price (even if I edit the topic) ... Am I a looser ? :dash1:

Unfortunately, the price can't be modified in the title of first post, the rest yes, but not the price.

Belle basse, cela dit. Bonne vente ou échange. B|

Posted (edited)

This is pretty much the six string spec I’ve always been looking for... looking around my music room now for potential trades...

Are you looking to trade up or down? And what is the weight?

Edited by therealting

Just now, Hellzero said:

Unfortunately, the price can't be modified in the title of first post, the rest yes, but not the price.

Belle basse, cela dit. Bonne vente ou échange. B|

Thanks Hellzero ! You've got some beautiful gear too ! Honestly I don't know if I have to look for another one :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, therealting said:

This is pretty much the six string spec I’ve always been looking for... looking around my music room now for potential trades...

Are you looking to trade up or down? And what is the weight?

Up or egual. PM me with your proposals.

Edited by Jerrylejer
more information

5 hours ago, Jerrylejer said:

Up or egual. PM me with your proposals.

So you are looking for more expensive six strings?

Great bass and even better seller!
Jerry is a  trusty nice guy,  :drinks: so you can deal with full confidence

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mastodon2
      Hey guys, I just want to share a few pics of my latest acquisition and as the reviews forum is very slow I decided to put it here - this isn't going to be a super in-depth review!
      I picked this up about 6 weeks ago from another member here on Basschat, as I had previously seen it on sale and really liked the concept of the instrument. I have been wanting something with a PJ pickup combo, but I also wanted something with a Musicman pickup. I also wanted a 6 string, having borrowed or played many but never owned one. I also love singlecuts and the general boutique style bass, and then this came along.
      It was built by Rosario Vasta in Italy, with a birdseye maple top and mahogany back. The fretboard is ebony, the neck is maple, wenge and bubinga. The tuners are Grover, preamp is a John East but I'm not sure what model. It has a push/pull tone pot for passive mode, volume and pickup pan. In active mode it brings in bass, lower mids, upper mids, high frequency presence control and a bright filter that has a tone shaping effect - this is hidden as a push pull on one of the concentric knobs and I'd forgetten it was there until recently. The pickups as custom made by Mama pickups in Italy and they incorporate a whole lot of magnets as you can see. The toggle switches next to the preamp controls active and deactive the various combinations of magnets. In effecti it can do a Fender P style neck, Jazz neck and bridge and a Musicman in the bridge. It can also run the coils to make hybrid humbuckers similar to a soapbar humbucker. I love the design - I think the previous owner must have taken some fairly direct inspiration for the lower horn from another bass but I can't remember where I've seen it before. It's similar to an Elrick but not quite as curved, but a touch more pronounced than a Fodera Emperor. The two slight protrusions on the bottom of the body next to the bridge are handy leg supports for playing in a classical position.
      The electronics are definitely among the most complex I've seen on a bass and do take some getting used to, it's not hard to get a good sound from the bass but if you really want something specific (say, a P neck and hybrid humbucker bridge with a low mid boost and bias towards the neck pickup) then it does take a little while to learn what you need to press and turn to get there. Because of the preamp and pickup arrangement, the sound is incredibly versatile. It's by no means a perfect replica of a P bass, J bass or a Stingray but I'd say it does a good job of getting you 90% there. Overall, the core tonal quality of the bass is an eveness across all of the strings and notes, it's very loud and clear. You can roll on the vintage warmth if you want it but I like a clean and honest sound and this really delivers it, though I think my Markbass rig helps in this respect. I wish I could record some videos with it but I don't have a setup that could come anywhere close to doing it justice.
      I wanted to avoid reviewing it when I first got it so I could have a few weeks to understand the foibles of such an instrument and avoid a gushing honeymoon review. The big downside to this thing is the weight. I haven't had it on the scales but at a conservative estimate I think it might weigh close to double what my Warwick Thumb 5 weighs. It's physically a big bass and the woods are very dense, it weighs a hell of a lot. I added Schaller straplocks because if this thing slipped of the strap it would devastating for the bass and whatever it hit. Whenever I play my Thumb after my Adamovic I can't believe how heavy the Thumb is - when I picked up the Thumb today I couldn't believe how light it felt, like I wasn't wearing a bass at all. I feel I could gig it without hurting myself or getting sick of it but I might be tempted to break out the Anthony Jackson bass stool for a few slower numbers!
      Another downside that turned out ok in the end was the 35" scale. I previously sold my Spector Euro 5LX because I just didn't like the extra string tension, but on the flipside I loved the clarity and the oomph in the bottom end. With this bass, I've strung it with  .025-.045-.065-.085-.105-.135" strings and the setup is amazing. I love this string set because it gives the deep, clear B and the lighter top strings make it so easy to play. I honestly think if I were to get a full custom build now I'd probably get a 35" despite feeling so put off it in the past. This is the first bass I've played where I've realised that 35" doesn't have to be feel stiff and a little cumbersome compared to a 34" but it was definitely a gamble on my part.

Anyway, enough talk, some pics:

TL/DR
      + Incredibly versatile
      + Really easy to play despite the size
      + Incredibly solid bottom end

- Heavy as a planet that has been sucked into a black hole

• By DR.Megahundig
      Moin,
      for sale is my Wood&Tronics Chronos 5 .
      As all basses build by the italian custom luthier Wood & Tronics http://wtbasses.net/, also this one is a super beautiful and special custom creation.
      The Bass is in a used but good condition, technical fully functional 
      Trussrod is working smooth
      It got superlow string action, highly ergonomic feeling
      It got some minor dings and Dongs,
      at the lower edge there is a 4mm long 3mm deep cut in the walnut wood 
      Hiscox Lifeflite case including

Weight 4,4kg
      34" scale
      Body: American Walnut, satinfinish
      Top: AAAAA quilted Poplar with aqua/black tint, Highgloss finish 
      Neck: 3 piece maple, in the middle  Ash, Satin finish, angled Headstock with Ebonytopping
      Fretboard: Ebony
      Fret: 24 Frets Mandolin size 
      Inlays: Custom Inlay "W" at 12th fret, Brass Side Dots
      Bridge: ETS in black, Stringspacing adjustable, standard is 19mm  
      electronic - compartment covering: Also american-walnut, magnetic holded
      Electronics: Nordstrand 2 Band EQ 18Volt , Activ/Passiv .
      Controls: Volume, Balance, Treble, Bass, Tone (aktiv/passiv in push pull), 2 Switches ( for each Pickup) to select Single/serie/parallel 
      Pickups: Custom W&T/ Kent Armstrong DualCoil
      Newprice was about  2800 £
      Price: 1450.- £
      Shipping should be no problem.
      Location Hanover, Germany
      possible Trades: Musicman Stingray5, Sterling5 but only HH or HS,  G&L L-2500, Nord Stage 88 2EX or 3 

• By Fello
      Hi . I've got a  R-Bass Singlecut for sale 1250£ ono
      It's a beautiful 5-string bass guitar with a nice combinations of woods in the body and in the bolt on neck. I'm not certain which woods are used in particular on this bass, but they all contribute to the excellent sound of this instrument
      It has 24 frets, 34" scale , Hi-mass bridge, 2 Aero pickups with wooden covers, Active/Passive electronics controlled by a John East 4 knob U-retro preamp , and comes fitted with an Ellio Martina Bass Mute (http://www.bassmute.com/)
      It's in very good condition, with a few minor marks over the back of the body (please see pictures)
      Pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hiCVaUrpwDZZ5tIC2
      R-Basses in general are incredible instruments that sound very well, are well built, have top specs and please the eye too!, at a very reasonable cost.  
      I've owned a few R-basses over the years and I like them a lot. I'm unsure if Ray, the luthier is still in the bass business; his website looks outdated, but there you can find some info there about him and his creations
      http://www.prtc.net/~rubenr/rbasses/home.html
      Here's some info on R-Bass from Talkbass.com :
       https://www.talkbass.com/threads/anyone-ever-check-out-r-basses.1207/
      It includes a gig bag,  Buyer covers shipping cost. Probably around 30£ in the UK. Located in South East London
      Prefer a sale, but would consider trades for a 4 string bass of similar price/quality/condition or a Musicman Bongo 6. Let me know what you've got!
       Cheers
      On hold pending the usual..