Why become a member? ×

DR Neons

Kevin Dean

52 minutes ago, The59Sound said:

The initial stickiness does wear off. 

But all  bright punchy tone I like has gone , I play plectrum style . I suppose they might be OK for other styles , just not for me , they sounded OK on the first gig , definitely not worth the money in my opinion .

33 minutes ago, Kevin Dean said:

But all  bright punchy tone I like has gone , I play plectrum style . I suppose they might be OK for other styles , just not for me , they sounded OK on the first gig , definitely not worth the money in my opinion .

I agree unless you buying them for the colour there are better value coated strings about, In my experience the initial tone goes with all strings after a couple of hours playing, but I still find the Neon tone to my liking even after 6 months

• 2 months later...

Bit late to the party but i found the DR  Neons  ( white in my case ) were much lower tension than the previous set i had fitted, and consequently i  almost ran out of truss rod adjustment. In fact i had to raise the saddles a tad too. Sound ok though

• 2 weeks later...