Why become a member? ×

Carloscaster charity auction - “the best of PRS and Fender”

Looks like Anderson’s are auctioning (or have donated) a PRS / Fender “hybrid” of sorts for charity. It’s actually pretty cool looking, already up over £1,000 though!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carloscaster-The-best-of-Fender-and-PRS-in-one-unique-guitar-/232713654291?_mwBanner=1

Sorry about the mobile link, hopefully it’ll redirect on desktops though. 

28 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

April fools day was yesterday...

Well now I feel like a prize plum haha. I saw a news post about this (from today) when I woke and was too tired to realise it was a gag! I didn’t fully click until I saw the Slashocaster, I have to admit 😂

6 minutes ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

Well now I feel like a prize plum haha. I saw a news post about this (from today) when I woke and was too tired to realise it was a gag! I didn’t fully click until I saw the Slashocaster, I have to admit 😂

An eBay auction is a strange way to do it... Social media maybe, but this is silly.

14 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Is it a gag? Looks legit to me! Well, they looks like real guitars (made by Andertons Skunkworks as the auction says). Being sold by Andertons eBay handle too... reckon they had these made to sell for charity.

Look closer... Especially at the mismatch between the headstock wood and the neck wood. And the nut area. Like the way the strings coming from the headstock don't line up with the ones passing over the nut. Photoshop job.

I love how Chappers put the dead notes down to Slash asking for them to be removed so he doesn't hit the wrong ones xD I just hope the winners realise they're getting a bit of a gag guitar, and not some slick luthier custom model! The video had me in stitches, especially Slash and Santana appearing 'by satellite' haha