Why become a member? ×

Critique An Opportunity

Bluewine

Guest adi77
7 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Fly ? It's a country band....a crippled mare is more the style ;)

:biggrin:

You think they'll play achy breaky heart? 

6 hours ago, Les said:

They appeal to me. I like a band that knows what entertaining an audience involves.

I would pursue this to be honest if it was practical, but would like to see a few more gigs in the diary.

Les

Hi Les,

It was their schedule that appealed to me.

I'll have to look back at their schedule. I thought they had quite a few gigs booked.

We're still adding summer gigs.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

24 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

Hi Les,

It was their schedule that appealed to me.

I'll have to look back at their schedule. I thought they had quite a few gigs booked.

We're still adding summer gigs.

Blue

22 when I counted. We have 36 to come this year with more to go in. I suppose it would depend on the fee's they are puling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adi77 said:

:biggrin:

You think they'll play achy breaky heart? 

Only if the guitarist on the bar hasn't been washed away when the levee wash ruined his crops.

Hang on...that's getting a bit blues isn't it ? Stick some yodelling in, that'll sort it.

:)

Guest adi77
1 minute ago, ahpook said:

Only if the guitarist on the bar hasn't been washed away when the levee wash ruined his crops.

Hang on...that's getting a bit blues isn't it ? Stick some yodelling in, that'll sort it.

Swiss cowboys :biggrin:

1 hour ago, ahpook said:

Yodelling: Is that what they sing when delivering parcels?

• Like 1

Guest adi77
1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

Yodelling: Is that what they sing when delivering parcels?

lmao imagining a ups delivery person yodelling instead of ringing the bell

5 hours ago, Les said:

22 when I counted. We have 36 to come this year with more to go in. I suppose it would depend on the fee's they are puling.

I didn't check to see if they're booked through an agency. Another important consideration.

While some agency bands are getting $1,500.00 gigs and in some cases more, you have to consider a few things. Are you one of the agencies top 5 acts? If not and your band is way down on the list your sort of screwed.

And this is what I hear. At the end of the day and after expenses these guys aren't bringing vhome any more $$$ than us bar bands. 

Agency bands in the US traditionallly don't carry their own production. So after you pay for sound and lights there's not much left. And in the States guess who owns the sound and light company. Your right, the agency that booked you.

Blue

3 hours ago, Bluewine said:

I didn't check to see if they're booked through an agency. Another important consideration.

While some agency bands are getting $1,500.00 gigs and in some cases more, you have to consider a few things. Are you one of the agencies top 5 acts? If not and your band is way down on the list your sort of screwed.

And this is what I hear. At the end of the day and after expenses these guys aren't bringing vhome any more $$$ than us bar bands. 

Agency bands in the US traditionallly don't carry their own production. So after you pay for sound and lights there's not much left. And in the States guess who owns the sound and light company. Your right, the agency that booked you.

Blue

According to their website, they own their own sound & lights and book their own gigs with the option of booking through an agency if the venue prefers. 

On 02/04/2018 at 00:48, Bluewine said:

I haven't posted one of these in a while, so here goes.

Review the ad and the web site. Would this be an opportunity for you, do you feel your a match for them. If yes why, if no why not?

I would think it's a great opportunity for some and not so much for others.

The search is on for Cowboy Up’s next bass player! 

Contact us with details about yourself. Pics/audio/video/experience/etc. 

Prefer someone that can sing harmony vocals. 

http://www.cowboyupcountry.com/

Blue

FB_IMG_1521396724868.jpg

There is a strong cult here in the UK for dressing in the style of cinema Westerns before going out to the pub.

Actually it might be fading out by now but frequently I used to see the local wannabe cowboys with their gals at the bus stop.  I can't knock it.  It's as valid and harmless a pastime as being on a pub pool team I'd imagine.  Sometimes the outfits can look good.  They ALWAYS look like fish out of water in this country however.

I don't wannabe.

Do you get the same sort of wannabe cowboys?  I'd imagine the real ones are not so widely seen.

From your link:

"Cowboy Up. Not your typical band!
-Shovel Drum! That's right, drums played on a shovel!
-Upright bass player
-Guitar player on the bar
-Great Harmonies
-Crowd interaction
-Top beverage sales"

No mention of cows... can't be the real thing.

Edited by SpondonBassed

11 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Shovel drums? So he's rigged a shovel up as a midi controller. Sounds much more impressive than it actually is...

Maybe as a drummer he got fed up of being hit round the head with it?

6 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I couldn't be doing with having to wear a Hollywood cowboy hat.  I dont do hats apart from a beanie when skiiing or when it's bluddy cold in Blighty.. The fact I'd rather pierce my eardrums with rusty skewers than listen to C & W is a secondary factor :biggrin:.

Put you down as a 'maybe' then...?

7 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Eh..? What..? Did someone call..?
Ah, the old 'clout the drummer' gags, huh..? Better than that you will have to do. 26744528929_2c98507dc9_o.png

Can I continue my siesta now, please..? (Yawn 30747050456_804b628834_o.png...)

Oi!

You're supposed to be in France not Spain.  Piquer un roupillon why don't you.

1 minute ago, SpondonBassed said:

Oi!

You're supposed to be in France not Spain.  Piquer un roupillon why don't you.

Back to the old nationalistic clichés again, I see..? And Mexicans; they never drop off of an afternoon, peut-être..? Now, if you'll excuse m Zzzzz... Zzzzz... Zzzzz...

Just now, Dad3353 said:

Back to the old nationalistic clichés again, I see..? And Mexicans; they never drop off of an afternoon, peut-être..? Now, if you'll excuse m Zzzzz... Zzzzz... Zzzzz...

Now you think you are in Mexico.

Marmalade sandwiches!

• Confused 1