Why become a member? ×

Critique An Opportunity

Bluewine

I haven't posted one of these in a while, so here goes.

Review the ad and the web site. Would this be an opportunity for you, do you feel your a match for them. If yes why, if no why not?

I would think it's a great opportunity for some and not so much for others.

The search is on for Cowboy Up’s next bass player! 

Contact us with details about yourself. Pics/audio/video/experience/etc. 

Prefer someone that can sing harmony vocals. 

http://www.cowboyupcountry.com/

Blue

FB_IMG_1521396724868.jpg

Edited by Bluewine

As much as I've said I'd entertain any opportunities with bands with work, I'd have to pass on this one.

1.I don't think I'd fit in.

2.Didn't see or understand who was fronting the band.

3.Musically nothing turned me on.

4. My vocals are probably not good enough.

I could be wrong

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

8 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Two things would stop me being interested - country, and western.

I don't think I'd have a problem with a sharp looking more contemporary country rock band with a legitimate front and decent production.

Blue

Very smart web page. Looks very C and W circuit to me. Shovel Drums is a new one on me - I've heard of the term 'drummer building a shed'.

i reckon unless your mind is attuned to that type of country act you possibly wouldn't enjoy it.  And it's all upright? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drTStingray said:

Very smart web page. Looks very C and W circuit to me. Shovel Drums is a new one on me - I've heard of the term 'drummer building a shed'.

i reckon unless your mind is attuned to that type of country act you possibly wouldn't enjoy it.  And it's all upright? 

Agreed,

It's almost like you'd have to be a part of a community or have some understanding of country culture and country people.

Blue

In the old days, when my my main income depended on regular paid gigs, I would have jumped at this gig. Luckily these days I can afford to pick and choose who I work with. It would be bad enough playing in a band, with a drummer who played a digital kit, but a band where the singer plays the drums via a shovel? No thanks.

Edited by gjones

35 minutes ago, ambient said:

I did a lot of dep gigs for a country and western band a few years ago. Including some very large festivals. Some very weird people, they take it very seriously. All there was missing for some was the horse.

I did the traditional C&W circuit in the late 70's and played a gig once where there was a horse. 

Anyone remember 'Phoenix nights' too? xD

I'd do it.

Accessible set-list, coherent image, gigs into December including the fabled State Fair but only 3 or 4 a month which would be a bit light for me if I was going all the way to Wisconsin. I like the idea of a relatively easy haul - digital rig, no amps, IED monitoring.

Pitch to bookers seems nice and simple: 'Cowboy Up's goal is to provide quality entertainment at an affordable price! Cowboy Up owns their own sound and light gear. This allows us to keep the cost down as we do not have to rent this equipment for each show. Cowboy Up also books their own shows so you save on booking agency fees! CLICK HERE to book now!'

They seem like regular guys which is good. Shovel thing's neither here nor there as long as it's a one song gimmick. Guitar player on the bar isn't a problem - getting out amidst the punters is the whole point of wireless, isn't it?

(Edit for: Iffy live promo video with some slightly wobbly vocals).

Against me? No upright skills and I can only sing bass HV's. 

Edited by skankdelvar