Why become a member? ×

SOLD!!! PRECISION BASS With JAZZ NECK in Stunning Olympic White, As New Condition - £325 Posted!!!
£325

thebrig

HOME BUILT PRECISION BASS

SOLD!!!

I built this little beauty just before Xmas, but due to the fact that I am now trying to thin out my collection, this is another one that has to go.

It plays and sounds great, and is virtually unmarked because all parts were purchased new.

I have had to fill and plug one of the holes in the neck because a screw broke flush with the wood, so I had to dig it out and then fill it, the repaired hole is very strong and makes no difference to the stability of the neck.

You are welcome to try it for yourself at my home in Bridgnorth.

Materials Used:

Body: American Alder, Olympic White
Neck: North American Maple, Satin Finish
Nut: Bone 38mm (Jazz Width)
Radius: 9.5’’
Electrics: Obsidian Wire Precision Bass Wiring Harness http://obsidianwire.com/traditional-vintage-for-precision-bass/
Pickup: Kent Armstrong Hot Vintage Precision
Tuners: Schaller Bass Tuners BML 4L Chrome
Bridge: Gotoh 201 (Equivalent)

ow1.jpg

ow2.jpg

ow3.jpg

ow4.jpg

ow5.jpg

ow6.jpg

ow7.jpg

Harness.jpg

Edited by thebrig
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, three said:

Looks lovely - high quality parts probably worth more than the asking price

Thank you, it definitely cost more that the asking price, I've built quite a few basses over the past couple of years and I always lose on them when I move them on, but I enjoy planning them and then sourcing the parts, but most of all, I really get a lot of pleasure actually putting them together and then playing them for the first time, when I find out that they play and sound great, it's gives me such a buzz.:)

• Like 1