Why become a member? ×

Budget wireless system recommendations

Guest MoJo

I've decided to give 'going wireless' a go and I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable system that I could pick up for around £120 or less secondhand

Thanks

How does that fit with your pedals. I mean does it go from bass to wireless then to pedals which i guess kind of defeats the wireless thing as you still need cables to and from pedals.

I've quite fancied trying it out but wasn't sure how people use them unless straight into their amp.

Dave 

Just googled prices for Smoothhound classic wireless. Manufacturer is £20 cheaper than people selling on ebay and Guitar Gallery. ?? Not sure what's going on there. Usually manufacturers price is higher so well done Smoothhound.

Dave 

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

How does that fit with your pedals. I mean does it go from bass to wireless then to pedals which i guess kind of defeats the wireless thing as you still need cables to and from pedals.

I've quite fancied trying it out but wasn't sure how people use them unless straight into their amp.

Dave 

I don't use my pedal board much these days but when I did I put the receiver in it, then into the chain as you would with your guitar lead if you had one.  Obviously still one lead to your amp but that's not what you would buy a wireless system to defeat. 

• Like 2

I've got the Smoothhound unit and it seems like a good solid piece of kit. It was a toss up between that and the G30, but I decided I wanted something compact and sturdy on my pedalboard so the Smoothhound with its metal case won over the G30.

£149 including delivery direct from the manufacturer - the extra £29 to buy new gives you peace of mind for a year on the warranty - might be worth thinking about.

Edited by Gottastopbuyinggear

22 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

G30 here.  The sender case is a little flimsy, but stick it in Levys pouch and you're sound.

G30, "Don't Leave Home Without One"

I wrap an elastic band around the sender to secure that weird battery cap design.

Blue

Edited by Bluewine

7 minutes ago, Bluewine said:

G30, "Don't Leave Home Without One"

I wrap an elastic band around the sender to secure that weird battery cap design.

Blue

one of the reasons I went for the G10, it has no belt sender unit, plugs into the guitar like the smoothhound, but also has rechargeable batteries (park it in the receiver and it charges up) and it's £25 cheaper

https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-wireless-systems/line-6-relay-g10-digital-wireless-guitar-system

edit, the only disadvantage it has is that the power supply is a USB plug so can't be powered by a conventional power supply 

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 1