£900

Aero71

Lovely and rare Vigier Passion ROM bass,

Made in France in 1984,

used condition, some minor dings, top layer laminate of the body

is weak at some points.

neck is perfect, full graphite.

Weight is only 3,9 kg.  

Controls are 1x volume and 1x 6 way selector. There are 6 presets, all with very usable sounds.

Original semi-hardcase included.

£900 

TRADED

Edited by Aero71
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, wright/watt said:

Give away price this...Like hens teeth to find!!! The necks on these early Passion basses are AWSOME.Someone who buys this, is going to be very happy:D

GLWTS

Priced to sell indeed, can't understand it's still for sale... O.o 

21 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Hi

what are the two blank dots near the controls for? Any options for tone controls?

thanks!

Those dots are covers where the ROM module is held in it's place in the cavity.

There is no tone control, just the volume and 6 way selector.  The 6 sounds are all different and vary from dark to bright/slap sounds. Very usable. :)

10 hours ago, Dazed said:

Thanks. Excuse my ignorance but what does the Rom module do? Is it like a chip based preamp? Is it passive or need a battery  to operate?

See the ROM module as a memory storage, 6 options are stored and usuable. It is passive and no battery involved.

2 hours ago, themoo said:

These basses are so nice to play. Beautiful graphite necks!

I have 4 of them. This is tempting for sure!

Anyone 'thinking' about it should buy it right away. 

Thanks, indeed those necks are superb. And the price is a laugh for such a rare instrument.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, E sharp said:

This is another one on here that I can't believe is still here .

If I shift my stuff , then I'll seriously consider this one .

In the meantime - GLWTS

Cheers mate.

On 4/13/2018 at 07:29, Aero71 said:

See the ROM module as a memory storage, 6 options are stored and usuable. It is passive and no battery involved.

Thanks, indeed those necks are superb. And the price is a laugh for such a rare instrument.

No battery? What powers the circuit then? There are 6 ICs on that PCB, they don't run on thin air!

On 4-5-2018 at 11:09, Bigwan said:

No battery? What powers the circuit then? There are 6 ICs on that PCB, they don't run on thin air!

UPDATED INFO: Turns out the bass is ACTIVE.  I always assumed it was passive, don't ask why but never removed the cavity before.

So the ROM module is fed by 18V. :)

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

The top layer of the body is laminated and at some points it cracked and let go of the body. No pieces missing and the body itself

is fine. It can be easily repaired by glueing it back on the body, but it didn't bother me. Will make a detailed picture and upload it here today.

40 minutes ago, Aero71 said:

The top layer of the body is laminated and at some points it cracked and let go of the body. No pieces missing and the body itself

is fine. It can be easily repaired by glueing it back on the body, but it didn't bother me. Will make a detailed picture and upload it here today.

I have one that did this too - it's very common on these older models. @doctor_of_the_bass has a similar age Arpege with similar wear. Given how much we love our old Vigiers I can safely say it doesn't detract from he appeal of the instrument one bit!

1 hour ago, floFC said:

So in terms of construction, is it a neck through graphite neck with some wood wings, and a plastic laminate around it?

It looks very nice.

That's right 😊

• Thanks 1

• ped locked this topic