Why become a member? ×

made me smile anyway, do you move around?

PaulWarning

If I'm honest , I try to move around in what normally amounts to about 2 sq feet of available stage space while trying to avoid stepping on the pedals encroaching my toes .

I soon realised the advantage of coordinated stage moves as the likes of Shadows could all move with out smashing headstocks :D

That said, our singer has taken to helping with some rhythm guitar work , but he's a left hooker :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

If I'm honest , I try to move around in what normally amounts to about 2 sq feet of available stage space while trying to avoid stepping on the pedals encroaching my toes .

I soon realised the advantage of coordinated stage moves as the likes of Shadows could all move with out smashing headstocks :D

That said, our singer has taken to helping with some rhythm guitar work , but he's a left hooker :facepalm:

yeah I'm cack handed but that helps with a bit more room in the small space of the pubs we play in, haven't got to worry about smacking the singer with the headstock, of course if I want to I just turn round xD

edit, I used to regularly accidently tread on my pedal, which I keep behind me, then wonder why my sound was sh*t, now I keep it under my bass stand

Edited by PaulWarning

I feel/look so uncomfortable trying to move about or look like I’m enjoying myself.  Plus I’m blessed with a resting b*%#€ face so I look like “I’m ready to hit somebody at any given moment” (actual comment from a former band mate’s family) 😟

Edited by Deedee

I really think it depends on how you are feeling the vibe , on some gigs we can play through and get some occasional polite applause and any stage excitement would be like we were at the wrong gig.

but last night for instance , there were loads out there who were singing and air drumming and guitaring from the start , it makes a massive difference to the stage energy levels.

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

Have you TRIED moving around with a double bass? I can do it but not whilst playing xD

no but you can stand on it while playing, and spin it round, always think that looks impressive

Edited by PaulWarning