Why become a member? ×

East Pre-Amps

NickA

What John East says! 

Set the top pickup to deep and bassy and the bridge pickup to bright - then blend away. 

The big thing over the Wal tronics is the adjustability of the treble pass through and the filter resonance.  Playing the Wal this evening and wished I could pull the resonance knobs out .. sort of half way.  Makes my Warwick's EQ based knobs (treble and bass, cut and boost) seem positively stoneage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NickA said:

What John East says! 

Set the top pickup to deep and bassy and the bridge pickup to bright - then blend away. 

The big thing over the Wal tronics is the adjustability of the treble pass through and the filter resonance.  Playing the Wal this evening and wished I could pull the resonance knobs out .. sort of half way.  Makes my Warwick's EQ based knobs (treble and bass, cut and boost) seem positively stoneage.

Other thing to try... set the neck pickup with no or little resonance and set a "core sound" - then set the bridge pickup with a fair bit of resonance where it sounds good - for me I end up with the neck fairly open but the bridge cut more but with a nice mid twang coming from the bridge - blend to taste 

• Like 1