Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! Please remove. Fender CIJ Jazz Bass £500!!
£600

SisterAbdullahX

MORE PICTURES ADDED.

Barnsley.

Right, final price drop! I won’t be going any lower and if still no takers I’ll be keeping it.

I put this up for sale earlier in the year but decided to keep it. Still not getting used so back up for sale she goes!

Fender CIJ Jazz Bass '62 Reissue, serial number puts it at 1999-2002. Great condition, has the odd ding and some buckle rash, as can be expected of a bass of this age. Plays, looks and sounds great, lovely low action, truss rod working perfectly, no issues. Currently wearing DR Nickel Low Riders which are a few years old. Comes with non Fender gig bag which is pretty new and also in very good nick. 

£500, no trades, thanks.

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5625.JPG

IMG_5626.JPG

IMG_8076.JPG

IMG_8077.JPG

IMG_8078.JPG

IMG_8083.JPG

IMG_8089.JPG

Edited by SisterAbdullahX
Sold
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, mckendrick said:

Top bass, that.  Great price.   USA pick-ups too if I'm not mistaken.

I've heard that about the pickups but I can't say for sure whether they are or not. I know at one point I was tempted to buy a set of used Lindy Fralins but realised that there really was no need cos the stock pickups sound great.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, joe_geezer said:

Hi, nice lloking bass

Is the body wood alder of basswood?

Cheers, Joe.

No way of saying for sure, I know most Japanese Fenders were made from basswood but a lot from alder. It looks to my eyes like alder, the grain is quite visible and I believe basswood has less visible grain to it. Having said that I've seen plenty of alder bodies with barely any grain to them. However, it's also quite light, which points to basswood. Either way, it sounds, plays and looks fab!

Edited by SisterAbdullahX

Where the paint has chipped off, if you slightly press with your thumb nail and it feels soft then it's probably Basswood. Basswood is a very soft wood and also its lighter in color, like ash almost. Alder is normally a richer red color, slightly darker. Also you will have more neck dive with a basswood body as it's a very light wood but on the flip side if you have a bad shoulder or back then this will be a lighter bass to play when standing up.

Edited by joe_geezer

3 hours ago, joe_geezer said:

Where the paint has chipped off, if you slightly press with your thumb nail and it feels soft then it's probably Basswood. Basswood is a very soft wood and also its lighter in color, like ash almost. Alder is normally a richer red color, slightly darker. Also you will have more neck dive with a basswood body as it's a very light wood but on the flip side if you have a bad shoulder or back then this will be a lighter bass to play when standing up.

Cheers Joe, 

did the thumb nail check, didn’t make a mark at all, very hard wood. Looks quite dark and balances beautifully, so all points to alder.

It's mad that this bass is still here! :o
Every Japan Fender I've ever played has been an amazing bass. I've got 2 Japan Jazzes currently (fretted & fretless) and they're both superb instruments
I like the neck profile on them, the necks feel lovely, and they're both very lightweight, in comparison to other Jazzes I've played & owned.
If I needed a Jazz right now - at that price, this would be mine :)
GLWTS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marc S said:

It's mad that this bass is still here! :o
Every Japan Fender I've ever played has been an amazing bass. I've got 2 Japan Jazzes currently (fretted & fretless) and they're both superb instruments
I like the neck profile on them, the necks feel lovely, and they're both very lightweight, in comparison to other Jazzes I've played & owned.
If I needed a Jazz right now - at that price, this would be mine :)
GLWTS

Cheers Marc!

I agree on all counts! The neck is lovely and slim, the action nice and low, it plays like butter and sounds fabulous. It’s a shame that it doesn’t get played anymore, which is the only reason I’m letting it go.

On 28/10/2018 at 14:03, SisterAbdullahX said:

It is! I’m in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

1 point for a lovely bass

minus one point for me scrolling right down to find where you are .

Good price but seems to be where its at ,just sold my lovely CIJ 62RI p Bass for £500

• 2 weeks later...