Why become a member? ×

I have a Fender Rumble 100 V3 for acoustic gigs and its very very good. Give a lovely tone and if I dial off the low mids, it even makes my Kala bass sound a bit like a double bass.

They are mega light and small but personally, I want something even smaller so I may get a TC Electronics 250 208 in the future but only if it sounds as good as the Rumble.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 17:10, Len_derby said:

I've got a Roland Cube 100w. It's served me very well in that kind of situation for years. If you're near Derby you're very welcome to come and give it a try.

+!.  Or the Fender Rumble, TC 250 2x8,  Markbass if you're feeling rich

I've just picked up a TC BG250-208 to replace my recently deceased Promethean. It's very nice with all the right features,  and perfect for what I use it for (acoustic - as in *acoustic* - rehearsals).

I'm not sure I'd use it at an open mic, and certainly not anything with a drummer.

I use a Markbass Alain Caron combo: 500W 1x12+horn.

Light as a feather but really moves the air and I've had many compliments and enquiries about it. People really can't believe how powerful it is compared to its size.

Highly recommended.

4 minutes ago, EJWW said:

I use a Markbass Alain Caron combo: 500W 1x12+horn.

Light as a feather but really moves the air and I've had many compliments and enquiries about it. People really can't believe how powerful it is compared to its size.

Highly recommended.

Have you also used separates - if so I'd be interested to hear,  in your experience, how your MB Combo stacks up against them?

Some folk worry about the high-end treble roll-off, of Markbass cabs - I presume that's not something that has been an issue for you when you've played live?

The OP asked for suggestions in the rough range of an Ashdown 15 watt and an Ampeg 20 watt... and we're getting Markbass AC Combos and Quilter 800 watt rigs suggested... Brilliant... 

I'd suggest hunting for either a Roland Bass Cube 30 or a Line 6 Studio 110. Both great, both under a ton. Never played a V3 Rumble 100, but was very impressed with an earlier 100 watt rumble I played at a local practice room.

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigwan said:

...  I'd suggest hunting for either a Roland Bass Cube 30 or a Line 6 Studio 110. Both great, both under a ton. Never played a V3 Rumble 100, but was very impressed with an earlier 100 watt rumble I played at a local practice room.

I habe a Roland Cube 30 with a spare driver, that I might be persuaded to sell...

2 hours ago, rushscored4 said:

I have a Fender Rumble 100 V3 and a TCE BG250-208, each incredibly lightweight and versatile but both struggle in larger venues against an easily excitable drummer and an overly egotistical guitarist.

Out of interest, which did you prefer and which did you think was louder? I love my Rumble 100 V3 but I really like the size and foot print of the TC BG250-208. 

5 hours ago, Linus27 said:

Out of interest, which did you prefer and which did you think was louder? I love my Rumble 100 V3 but I really like the size and foot print of the TC BG250-208. 

I prefer the tone of the Rumble and I think it's louder than the TCE but you can't beat the BG250-208 for its sheer compact size! Shame I don't use either these days as I use my new Stage 800 with Skull Crusher headphones for practicing at home and our rhythm guitarist has a small Ampeg bass combo in his "man cave" basement where we rehearse.

Guest adi77

...also line6 made these bass amp series called lowdown, their combo was very good

the tiniest amp that psyched me out was a 8" markbass combo, but i thought it was priced a bit high

Edited by adi77