Why become a member? ×

Hello from New Mexico!

TheInfectedDonut

Hello everyone! I am brand new to the forums as I just immigrated here from talkbass (I had enough of those guys).

I have been playing music for 14 years now and have been playing bass guitar for 9 years.

My current equipment consists of a Sterling Ray 34CA in 3 tone sunburst, 2010 MIM Fender Precision bass (3 tone sunburst), and an Ampeg BA210v2.

My musical style and influences include, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Ghost, Rainbow, Dio, Rush, etc. and my top 5 influences include 1. Steve Harris 2. Geddy Lee 3. Cliff Williams 4. Geezer Butler 5. Dave Ellefson. I currently play in and am leader of my band Distortion of Time as we play what I like to call adventure metal, a fusion of progressive rock, power metal, and classic metal.  

It's great to be here! I'm looking forward to making new friends and starting new discussions! :biggrin:

22256393_884350288384171_6575486910933587586_o.jpg

Edited by TheInfectedDonut
Needed to add more info.

14 minutes ago, TheInfectedDonut said:

Thank you for the welcome! Is there a list of acronyms? I'm not too sure what TID means. Already looking through the forums, people seem a lot nicer here.

The Infected Donut. Not (yet...) an 'official' acronym, but could become one, if you play your cards right..! :D
Yes indeed, most here are nice, but beware of ... Oh no, he's just come in. I'll leave it there. (Hastily turns off screen, whistling a falsely innocent air and gazing around into empty space...)

xD

Edited by Dad3353

3 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

The Infected Donut. Not (yet...) an 'official' acronym, but could become one, if you play your cards right..! :D
Yes indeed, most here are nice, but beware of ... Oh no, he's just come in. I'll leave it there. (Hastily turns off screen, whistling a falsely innocent air and gazing around into empty space...)

xD

Oh! haha I see now you're talking about my username, well I feel silly now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Japhet said:

New Mexico is one of my favorite places in the World. Absolutely love it. Where are you from?

That's awesome! I'm so glad you like it here, we have our issues but it's home. I'm originally from the northern NM area (Taos/Espanola). I've been living in Albuquerque since 2012 for school. 

2 minutes ago, TheInfectedDonut said:

That's awesome! I'm so glad you like it here, we have our issues but it's home. I'm originally from the northern NM area (Taos/Espanola). I've been living in Albuquerque since 2012 for school. 

Taos is fabulous - or it was when I was there 12 years ago! Loved Santa Fe and will never forget the Albuquerque balloon festival. 6.30 a.m. and there were over 800 hot air balloons up. Incredible stuff.