Why become a member? ×

NBD - Squier Classic Vibe 60s Precision

LewisK1975

So - this happened yesterday, these were the sellers pics but you get the idea!

Most folks on here know how good these are and I've wanted one for a while now.  Judging by the serial it appears to be a 2013 build, and the fit and finish really are fantastic.

Showed up locally on the Facebook marketplace and I was quick!

Should put the GAS for a Pino signature to rest (for a while anyway!).  I plan to put some TI Flats on it, give it a setup and that's about it really, possibly some flat top knobs but it's great as it is.  May consider upgrading the loom to a Kiogon job in the future.  Doesn't seem to need it but, you know....

CVfull.thumb.jpg.d41ce2fac86292273ed0be86b92236c6.jpgCVbod.thumb.jpg.6c075fdb80345a2b8b1785d84f862508.jpgCVback.thumb.jpg.63005ec70c80c0078536f9ccc190a4ab.jpgCVhead.thumb.jpg.cf7ca539f0e0ec6cbb769987f717982c.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah I saw this and was tempted too! Glad it’s gone to a loving home. One would think that having a P would quell my P GAS but since my current P is strung with Nylon Tapes, I now want a second one strung with flats! It never ends xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Gah! My favourite P bass finish. I really regret not buying one when I had the chance.

I first had my hands on one of these when a mate bought one on a whim for his home studio.  Went round and had a go, told him to never sell it, but if he did, to sell it to me!!  Sod went and traded it about 6 months later without offering it to me first!

Wanted one ever since.  Couldn't let this one slip by, it's in good nick, price was OK and it was 20mins down the road from me.  No brainer!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Davebassics said:

I love mine. I spent years trying to replace it with a Fender (snobby i know) but couldn't find one for less than £1k that even compared. 

I'd like another one, get a fretless board put on so I can have twins!

I only replaced mine because... I wanted a maple neck. I now have a Fender Classic 50s whose neck I love (maple and bigger than that on the Squier, which I prefer)... but I still wish I had the Squier. 

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 03:18, vindibona1 said:

Congrats. A nice bass indeed.  My experience has been with a Squier VM 70's JB and after a few upgrades and fine tuning it plays way above it's pay grade. I think if I were to add a precision bass to my collection if very well might be the Squier CV. 

In my experience, the VM and CV ranges don't even compare; any VM I've had my hands on has felt cheap and sounded weak, however I've had 4 CV models (bass and guitar) and 2 Matt Freeman Precisions (made by the same factory that make the CVs) and they've all been excellent. As Lozz, great instruments, and not just "for the money".

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jono Bolton said:

In my experience, the VM and CV ranges don't even compare; any VM I've had my hands on has felt cheap and sounded weak, however I've had 4 CV models (bass and guitar) and 2 Matt Freeman Precisions (made by the same factory that make the CVs) and they've all been excellent. As Lozz, great instruments, and not just "for the money".

I agree.

The VMs are not bad at all, and the Jazz I had was pretty nice... but every CV I tried/had has been a noticeable jump in quality. 

On 4/3/2018 at 10:33, Jono Bolton said:

I dunno dude...   Perhaps it's because I have a 2010 VM, given a choice between my VM and a MIM I'll take my VM any day of the week.  With the new Aguilar pickups and fret level/setup and heavy bridge there aren't a lot of  MIA JB's I'd trade for.   I know they changed the recipe a bit in 2013 (particularly going to a gloss neck while mine is satin) so maybe that's part of it. 

7 hours ago, vindibona1 said:

I dunno dude...   Perhaps it's because I have a 2010 VM, given a choice between my VM and a MIM I'll take my VM any day of the week.  With the new Aguilar pickups and fret level/setup and heavy bridge there aren't a lot of  MIA JB's I'd trade for.   I know they changed the recipe a bit in 2013 (particularly going to a gloss neck while mine is satin) so maybe that's part of it. 

Most of the VMs I've tried have been the older ones with the satin neck. As stock they weren't that good IMO. Once you start modding a bass it skews the comparison. I never felt the need to mod any of the CVs/MFs that I've owned. I genuinely believe that they're better than MIM Standards as well, maybe not so with some of the higher end Mex Fenders.

• Like 1