Why become a member? ×

Hi from Dorset

dorsetbod

Hi all,

I'm an ageing bassist - been playing for many years off and on, now playing in a good band and starting to actually take playing a bit more seriously. 

Prefer playing Rock bass - Roger Glover is a hero.

Main bass is currently a Hohner Jack passive, I also have a Yamaha BB1600, a Baldwin 704 and a Traben Phoenix (looks the business, weighs a ton!) - now trying to choose between a Sire m7 or an Ibanez SR1400. In my dreams, I own a Vigier Excess Roger Glover Custom.....

Happy to be here!

I had a Sire m7 5 string for 5 minutes and then moved it on as I couldn't get on with a 5 string neck. Good bass though, especially for the money (knobs are naff tho)

And welcome Dorsetbod....this is a fantastic forum with great folk on it. It generally costs much dosh though when the GAS takes over.

Are you familiar with La Caverna in Dorchester.....one of my favourite restaurants. Me and Mrs Ricksterphil have had a couple of holidays in Dorset and love it down there.  The aforementioned Mrs R waxes lyrical about the Zabaglione served up by La Caverna