Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB5000 White - Sold
£1000

TJ Spicer

Yamaha BB5000 White - £1000

White Yamaha BB5000, bought here a couple of years ago. I'm a huge Nathan East fan and have been on a big Yamaha quest over the years as a result. However, I still have my Yamaha TRB6PII which covers the majority of that sound for me, and I think my voice on the instrument really belongs on a Fodera. So with sadness it's time to move this legend on and get saving for Fodera no. 2! It's the first ever production 5 string bass, and Yamaha did a damn good job doing it for the first time! I was fortunate enough to play this at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios and it sounded absolutely phenomenal DI'd through the monitors. In fact it's the only bass that I've regularly received praise from even the grumpiest FOH engineers, so maybe I'm a fool for moving it on!

It will come with a hard-soft case a lot like a Sadowsky. 

Collection preferred as always, from either Bath or Maidenhead, but shipping can be arranged too of course. 

Short YT demo attached, headphones/monitors definitely required! Will try and get round to a full demo in the next week if it doesn't sell before then!

Trades unwelcome unless you fancy a BB5000 as a make-weight in the purchase of your Fodera 5/6 string!

Thanks for looking! T

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

Edited by TJ Spicer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CameronJ said:

@Al Krow This is the dream!

Glad you've found your dream bass mate - look forward to you buying this and playing it live with your band! :D

PS TJ nice one minute demo btw!

Edited by Al Krow

7 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Glad you've found your dream bass mate - look forward to you buying this and playing it live with your band! :D

PS TJ nice one minute demo btw!

Sounds like a great idea to me! I look forward to that too @CameronJ 😉😂 

Thanks @Al Krow, the B string is decidedly out of tune listening back, but it’s all about the tone right? 😂