Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters

GM10

Update - managed to get through on the 01271 number after a few attempts this morning. Offered me strings from a six string set although there would be no packaging. I've declined the offer and asked for a refund. I'll let you know the outcome

• Like 1

Gosh darn, I placed an order with them a couple of weeks (!) ago and I'm sure you can guess whether I've received it yet. Wish I'd seen this thread first :/ Although interestingly I sent them an email 2 days ago and got a reply the next day, the guy claims he "remembers the order" and that he would have expected the strings to have arrived by now (perhaps if I'd order from a different site, they would have!). He's mentioned replacements if the order doesn't arrive soon, I'll keep you all posted

• 2 months later...

I placed an order back in January and the same story as those above: they money left my Paypal account and when it didn't arrive I got no response when I enquired as to why. I read murmurings on the interweb that they had gone into administration but nothing concrete. in the end I raised Paypal dispute and got my money back in a couple of weeks.

I haven't shopped there in ages. A shame that they seem to have completely lost it. 

I now get my strings from Bass Direct, because they stock the DR DDT strings I really like. Their service is good enough, though a confirmation email would be nice. You hear nothing from them and then a package with a rather scrappy printed invoice comes through the door! Still, as long as they keep doing DDT's in .40 I'll be happy. 

Had a bad time with them a few years ago, posted about it here and found a lot of us had the same bad experience. Since then any thing to do with them thats reported here is mostly bad news.  I'm long over the  perhaps its a bad month or maybe such and such at SB is having personal problems angle and have simply stopped thinking of them as a viable trader.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Zombie thread resurrection... ordering some strings (don’t panic, from Strings Direct) and thought... I wonder how Stringbusters is getting on after all the shenanigans a year or so ago. Like many others here I was a regular user and satisfied customer for many years - until the downhill slide. Logged onto the site URL and just found a placeholder page which is trying (and failing) to look like an ongoing guitar blog. Pretty final looking for now...

F9DE9E4E-7FAB-4E80-88AC-3D9FBADC5DFE.thumb.png.46792bc96f52f41d192cde201f6fc5e4.png