Why become a member? ×

Stringbusters

GM10

5 hours ago, stewblack said:

Not used them for a while but they used to be excellent. What's happened?

Ordered a set of DR fatbeams 8 days ago. initial correspondence to acknowledge the order and nothing since. Have called lots and also emailed with no response. Read the feedback above for similar experiences in recent months.

The website is still running and taking people's money. I would certainly avoid.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ead said:

Wasn't there some pretty grim customer service issues and a takeover?  I tend to favour Strings Direct atm.

Yes it's all in the reviews above. I've used Strinbusters on a number of occasions with no issues. Unfortunately for me I didn't check any recent reviews. I have to wait a total of 15 days before my bank contacts them on my behalf. Unfortunately I'm not holding my breath as they don't seem to be responding to anyone. 

2 minutes ago, ped said:

Cor blimey. What a shame - they used to be superb. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles - perhaps it's worth us announcing this to everyone incase anyone else gets caught.

I think so Ped, would it be admin that get the massage out to all?

The number on the website changed yesterday but still nobody answering.

3 minutes ago, GM10 said:

I think so Ped, would it be admin that get the massage out to all?

The number on the website changed yesterday but still nobody answering.

Indeed - I'll do a sticky note for everyone - we're just having an issue with a software update at the moment but when sorted I'll put up a note right away.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ped said:

Indeed - I'll do a sticky note for everyone - we're just having an issue with a software update at the moment but when sorted I'll put up a note right away.

Thanks Ped. I don't want to bad mouth any organisation that may be having some short term issues, i think this is something different. Contact details on the website today is:

Phone : 01271 344581 
Email [email protected]

Edited by GM10

This is on their site now:

"Important Notice!

Please note that we have ongoing technical issues with our main inbound telephone line,
so we advise contacting us via our second landline for the moment on 01271 344581."

Not sure if it was there when you guys contacted? Thought it worth mentioning.

Si

55 minutes ago, Sibob said:

This is on their site now:

"Important Notice!

Please note that we have ongoing technical issues with our main inbound telephone line,
so we advise contacting us via our second landline for the moment on 01271 344581."

Not sure if it was there when you guys contacted? Thought it worth mentioning.

Si

Tried this number and previous number numerous times. FB page hasn't been active for sometime either.

Nobody else brought from them recently??

There is a topic in here on this very subject from last year or the year before , my phone search doesn't see it, but it is along the same lines , I bought something that was 'in stock' but patently wasn't . I got it after a couple of weeks , but I guess that is the current business model :|

2 minutes ago, lurksalot said:

There is a topic in here on this very subject from last year or the year before , my phone search doesn't see it, but it is along the same lines , I bought something that was 'in stock' but patently wasn't . I got it after a couple of weeks , but I guess that is the current business model :|

• Thanks 1

I ordered a set of strings from them about a month a go. Got the email acknowledgment and then the dispatched email a day later but then nothing. Waiting just over a week and then emailed but no reply. The next day the strings turned up. I also ordered the month prior to that and the strings turned up within a few days.

I had trouble with them last year after placing a £200 order which was never fulfilled. They ignored phonecalls, voicemails, emails and facebook messages, and only tried to contact me after a couple of weeks and a successful PayPal dispute. They phoned to offer an excuse and I told them I didn't want to know and hung up. flip those guys!

• Like 1