Why become a member? ×

Any techs can repair my KRK active monitor?

Twigman

I think the electrolytic capacitors in one of my KRK RP6 G2 monitors need replacing. It crackles whenever it is powered up whether an input is connected or not. Is anyone local to me (Dunstable/Hemel/Watford/Luton) who could do this for me?

The service centre is in Acton if that helps:

http://synthservice.com

If you need a spare part, you would need to purchase it from them anyway (or possibly directly from Focusrite (UK distributor) if the service centre don't sell outside of a repair). But whoever fixes it would possibly need the schematics, which wouldn't be released by KRK or the service centre.

Si

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 10:58, Sibob said:

The service centre is in Acton if that helps:

http://synthservice.com

If you need a spare part, you would need to purchase it from them anyway (or possibly directly from Focusrite (UK distributor) if the service centre don't sell outside of a repair). But whoever fixes it would possibly need the schematics, which wouldn't be released by KRK or the service centre.

Si

I eventually got a reply from these guys.

They seem to think from the fault I describe that the monitor is 'beyond economic repair'.

cow poop

a couple of capacitors for sure - so they want me to replace BOTH my monitors  GRR!!!!

What a waste!

43 minutes ago, Twigman said:

I eventually got a reply from these guys.

They seem to think from the fault I describe that the monitor is 'beyond economic repair'.

cow poop

a couple of capacitors for sure - so they want me to replace BOTH my monitors  GRR!!!!

What a waste!

You’re certainly able to ask any tech to take a look, all i’m saying though is that they won’t be able to get hold of any schematics if needed.

Spares can be purchased from Focusrite I believe.

Si

14 hours ago, Twigman said:

I tried the repair myself.

It's worse now than it was  LOL

I've ordered some new monitors.

Hide my soldering iron - I'm obviously totally inept

Out of interest, what did you do, and how is it worse? Might be useful info for others considering the problem.

• 2 weeks later...