Why become a member? ×

Refinishing.

Japhet

Bass is now finished and back together. I love it! Took some photos but the light wasn't good and it looked white. I'll take some when I can put it outside in natural light and then I'll post them. As I said before, I'm absolutely blown away at the quality of this guitar for £100 and will definitely be gigging it.

1 hour ago, Japhet said:

Light still not very complimentary but here's a pic anyway.DSCF3153.thumb.JPG.45f35eb754fd0df6bb81868122125591.JPG

Looking great!!!!

I see what you mean about it looking White but either way I like it, Definite improvement on the Sunburst......

Edited by Jimothey
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/04/2018 at 19:09, Japhet said:

Paint has arrived this morning. Couldn't get it in 2K solid colour so I've got solvent basecoat which will then need to be clear coated. Template also arrived this morning to reshape the headstock courtesy of the most friendly and helpful Kodoakblair from this forum. Had a bit of spare time this afternoon so I've cut the headstock to shape and sanded it down. A flick of etch primer (don't know if that's necessary but it should bite onto the wood I hope) and a few coats of high build primer from an aerosol. I've sanded the body over with 800 grit paper and then given it a good going over with grey scotchbrite. Hopefully I'll have it painted over the weekend.

Did you find a big gouge out of the body when you removed the scratchplate? Both @kodiakblair and I have on our recently purchased PB-50s.