Left leaderboard
smurfitt

Hardshell case query

Hi I have a Sterling Ray34 by Musicman and want to buy an Ernie Ball Music Man logo hard shell case. Will the 4980 Stingray bass case be suitable as I read reviews that the sterling case is too small for the Ray34.
Thanks in advance

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KXH
      Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a second hand Status musicman neck.

I'm going to build my own acrylic verson of the stingray and wanted a status neck to fit on it. Preferably predrilled for 4 or 6 bolts.

I'm located in Belgium, and will of cours pay immediately. (Paypal is the easiest probably).

Take care,

Kevin Hensels
    • By MarshallBTB
      Not 100% sure about letting this go, but a recent purchase means I'm out of space!

Been used a lot but in great condition.
      Has a few scuffs here and there, worst being marks around the jack socket, and a small chip in the front top contour.
      Had a couple of nuts break on me so ended up getting one cut(still compensated) Its solid and it's never broken since!
      It sounds awesome, can get a great range from the pickups/eq, always ended up being bass I used for any recording or studio work. Nice weight, with a decent strap its never been an issue, feels nice and solid.
      Have the musicman hardcase for it too.
      Not prepared to post, at least for now. Welcome to come and give it a play. Will be cleaned up and restrung before it goes!
      Will get some more detailed pictures together soon too!

• By Nouse_
      *OFFERS WELCOME*
      This Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling has recently been restrung and set up by my local guitar tech with a nice low action. This is in excellent condition with one small mark pictured. Come with the original case and two different pickguards. Take the pickguard off and you get that Joe Dart style look, but with active electronics! (Pickguard screws will be included).
      Renowned for its slightly smaller body and neck profile, the Sterling 4 string bass boasts a big sound. 9 volt active 3 band EQ preamp, 3 position pickup selector switch and a ceramic humbucker with hum canceling phantom coil come standard on the Sterling, allowing this bass to cut through any mix. Optional additional pickups in the neck position only add to the versatility of this innovative bass.

• By Ted Theodore Logan, III
      Ok!  So I've had to edit my Stingray advert as the moderators have sent me a private message to tell me it's just too darn silly and makes no sense!!
      I'm just kidding...
      The moderators are far too accepting of weirdos and the mentally deranged to ask of such a thing... 

So basically, it has become apparent that people DO want my awesome Bass gear and that they have just been waiting for Santa to line their pockets with filthy Capitalistic paper notes before making any further enquiries into obtaining said gear... 
      With that being the case, I can now “officially" offer my beautiful Stingray for sale for £950.
      I'm no longer accepting trades for tins of baby sweetcorn as I have recently traded an Ian Hill Custom Spector Bass Guitar for several thousand tins of the stuff and I won't need any more tins of baby sweetcorn until at least Easter...

So, that's the edit... Well worth a read, right?!... 

(I've also added a picture of the hard shell case).

Now back to the original guff below;

(If you haven't read it already I implore you, please don't read it!  It's just the nonsensical ramblings of a deranged madman.  I'll save you the hassle and just let you know that I have a Music Man Stingray for sale priced at £950)

Original guff;
      I'm assuming that y'all beautiful BC'ers are clued up on what a Stingray is but just in case you are not I shall inform you that it's a species of fish belonging to the “sea ray" group and from what I hear, they are highly respected by the Alligator and Crocodile communities... For what reason I'm sure I do not know... 
      I'm just messing with you... It's actually a 1964 science fiction television series created with the use of marionette puppetry and, at the time, was rather popular with the youth and adults alike... 
      In fact, I believe children nowadays are still rather fond of the big budget, special effect laden animated TV series. I know that I'm always hearing those kids singing the “Stingray" theme song as they trot home from school with their Beano comics and ¼ pound bag of boiled sweets.... 
      “STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, da, na-na, na-na.."
      “STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, na-na.."
      Ha, ha, ha!!! Those little whipper snappers, I remember the... 
      “Hey!... HEY!!! GET THE F*CK OFF MY GARDEN!!!"
      “DON'T YOU BRUSH BY MY CAR!!!"
      “GO PLAY OUTSIDE YOUR MUM'S HOUSE!!!"
      “KEEP IT DOWN!!! I'M TRYING TO THE SLAP THE SH*T OUT'A THIS BASS AT AN OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD VOLUME AND YOUR INCESSANT WAILING AND HIGH PITCHED SCREAMS ARE DOING NOTHING FOR MY DOUBLE THUMB TECHNIQUE!!!"
      Ha, ha... Kids, aren't they great... 
      Anyway, where was I?... Oh yeah, Captain Scarlet...
      “Captain Scarlet, he's the one who knows the Mysteron game!!..."
      So yeah, my beautiful Captain Scarlet Music Man Stingray Thunderbirds* are go Bass is up for sale (or trade should you have the required number of tinned baby sweet corn to hand)...
      * Disclaimer: this is NOT a Gibson Thunderbird Bass
      She's a mid 00's model USA Stingray with three band active eq and all the beautiful Music Man “Mother Bucking" tone you could want!!
      Previous owner had the factory nut replaced with a bronze nut and aside from that the rest of the instrument is all original and in “Top Cat" condition!!! (excellent condition)
      I wanna say the colour of the instrument is Scarlet as I don't know many other shades of red however I did type “scarlet red" in my web browser search engine whilst the safe search filter was off and “YEESH!!!", it's certainly not that colour... That was closer to a coral or salmon pink... 
      Fantastic colour though and with a beautiful matching headstock to boot!! Yes, the carpet does indeed match the drapes with this little fiery red head!.. “I'm talking about the Bass, you dirty-bird!.. not miss “Scarlet Red". 
      Dunno what else to say really... it's a Music Man Stingray... You've all seen one before and I'm hoping that you've all played one and if you haven't, I just might know where there's one for sale... 
      21 frets and a standard 34" scale length. This little Scarlet Pimpernel weighs in at around 4.6kg.
      Speaking of Scarlet Pimpernel, Ricky 4000 posted a link in another thread to a rather amusing little ditty that is featured in the Broadway musical “The Scarlet Pimpernel". The song has since chosen to reside in my head and has assured me that it won't be leaving anytime soon... I feel that the only way I might get it to leave me alone is by sharing the link and making others aware of it... Kinda like the plot of “The Ring" movies (SPOILER ALERT!!) Oh, wait... Should that have come first?... 
      Anyway, watch and listen, “If you'd be so kind..."

That's about it really... 
      Comes with the Music Man fitted hard shell case... Ooh! ...and I think the colour could be close to “Cardinal" red, if you're quite particular about your shades of red... 
      “Sigh" I remember simpler times when there were literally just six colours, four being varying shades of grey...
      I can post the Music Man, insured at buyers expense (or uninsured if you're a reckless cheapo!!). 
      Also happy to meet within reasonable distance should you provide the funds to feed my vehicle with the fuel it so regularly desires!! “Feed me, Seymour... FEED ME!!!" “Sorry, did you just say something?..
      Also visits are welcome though hard-hats and goggles are required at all times and all visitors must remain at least six feet from the glass...

So without further ado, I present to you the gorgeous Stingray that could very well be yours... (Well, obviously it's not yours, it's mine but it could be yours for £950... or of course, the corn trade-off* that I originally put forth)...

*Corn trade-off no longer accepted.

“STINGRAY... STINGRAY!!.. da, da, da, na-na, na-na.."

Oops... Not that one...

Darn... My mistake!!..

There we go...

Hard Shell Case...
    • By gazhowe
      Musicman Stingray Classic 4 string for sale.  Price:  £1,350 including insured UK mainland shipping.  I'm not interested in trades thanks.
      The price includes a Musicman Stingray hard case, a set of Schaller strap locks and a couple of spare pick-guards.  It was manufactured in 2010 and has a few minor dings from normal wear and tear but nothing major.  Additional pics can be supplied on request.
      Please PM me if interested.