Why become a member? ×

Could you perform your current role on a Squier Bass ?

lojo

Could you perform your current role on a Squier Bass ?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Could you perform your current role on a Squier Bass ?

• Yes
    • No

On 4/1/2018 at 13:08, BreadBin said:

£1275 for a squier? The world really has gone mad!

On 4/1/2018 at 19:22, Woodinblack said:

Only if someone buys it.

Lest we forget, that chap with his infinitely relisted (and frankly monstrous) 15-string conversion was originally trying to get ten grand for it...

I'm no expert on 80s Japanese Squier basses, but I have a mid 80's 'Made in Japan' E-series Telecaster (cost me £50 s/h) and it is obviously greatly superior to my 2015 Mexican Tele Custom. The neck is just in a different league. They cut quite a few corners on the design (which must have saved them pennies at most) but the QC was first rate. They've become quite desirable - although at the time everyone slagged them off of course.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Lest we forget, that chap with his infinitely relisted (and frankly monstrous) 15-string conversion was originally trying to get ten grand for it...

If only it had said 'Squier' on the headstock ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EliasMooseblaster said:

Indeed - you can advertise something for as much as you want, it only becomes worth something when someone buys it.

12 hours ago, radiophonic said:

I'm no expert on 80s Japanese Squier basses, but I have a mid 80's 'Made in Japan' E-series Telecaster (cost me £50 s/h) and it is obviously greatly superior to my 2015 Mexican Tele Custom. The neck is just in a different league. They cut quite a few corners on the design (which must have saved them pennies at most) but the QC was first rate. They've become quite desirable - although at the time everyone slagged them off of course.

I used to have an E series Tele as well, black/maple, pretty beaten up but felt and sounded amazing... I sold it for £200 or £250 a few years ago and I've kicked myself about it a lot. It was the best Telecaster I've played. I actually had it refretted with big frets (when I bought it the frets were very low, it clearly was a player and had been dressed many many times) and it was fantastic. 

I could, gladly - I've done plenty of gigs and a few studio sessions with my early VM Jazz. In my opinion it's 'better' than the '75 RI, the Marcus Miller and a few other 'real deal' Fenders I've owned. The only thing it doesn't beat was a 50th anniversary Deluxe Jazz (regret selling that one) I had years back.. Can't really compare the Warwick as it's a 5 string..