Why become a member? ×

What Should I Replace My Wal With

datainadequate

Keep the Wal and buy a Harley Benton shorty as a second bass and modify as you go along. More fun and you don't need to feel bad about selling the bass.

Second option sell the bass and give Alan at ACG a ring and discuss your requirements with him.

Edited by naxos10
Spelling
  • Like 2

Before flogging the Wal, it'd be worth considering its investment qualities... Wal values only seem to be heading in one direction, so even if you're not going to use it in anger, it'd be worth keeping hold of.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2018 at 16:26, Highfox said:

Yes, I had an Enfield for a while with the Simms pickups, they are lightweight and play nicely, one thing I didn't like about mine was that the batteries would go pretty quickly (within 2 months for me with a fair bit of playing) not a huge problem but it bugged me.

Aren’t those Simms pickups passive? I thought I’d read the battery was just for the leds? What preamp was in it?

• Like 1

On 10/04/2018 at 16:36, Rich said:

Before flogging the Wal, it'd be worth considering its investment qualities... Wal values only seem to be heading in one direction, so even if you're not going to use it in anger, it'd be worth keeping hold of.

Surely they’ve hit their peak though, can’t keep going up?

• Like 1

A friend of mine in Seattle owns several WAL basses. He loves them but he has 2 other brands that he also favours, for tone early 90s G&L but for tone and lightness - MIKE LULL.

I own a LULL PJ and it would probably deliver what you are looking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...