Why become a member? ×

How to clean Trace Elliot "felt"

Wehner

Going to hear Level 42 live in Aalborg in an hour or so, and on a whim today I bought a Trace Elliot 4x8 which I can pair with my ancient AH130.

The cabinet is one of the felt covered ones. There may be a better term for it than felt, though. I am not a native speaker. In any case, this felt is covered by an extra layer of various hair types of different origin. I really need to clean it as it looks horrible. My vacuum cleaner can't do it as those pesky hairs really stick to the felt. I'll try a lint roller for clothes tomorrow but I'm not too optimistic about its chances.

Any other suggestions? 

IMG_0286.JPG

10 hours ago, RandomBass said:

Also, please give a report on the Level 42 concert. That bass player of theirs is quite good apparently.

The bass is on a backing track. There's some singer type playing something that sounds like a stapler...?

A more thorough vacuum cleaning today yielded no visible result. But it looks much, much better now after me using half a lint roller on it.

At first, I thought mrtcat was joking, but the felt is actually fairly long-haired in places so a crew cut doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. It will be the last step, however. Next up: Rubber gloves and gaffa.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

On 3/24/2018 at 13:24, Wehner said:

A more thorough vacuum cleaning today yielded no visible result. But it looks much, much better now after me using half a lint roller on it.

At first, I thought mrtcat was joking, but the felt is actually fairly long-haired in places so a crew cut doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. It will be the last step, however. Next up: Rubber gloves and gaffa.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5691.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

Has he gone back to a headed, simple to use jazz type status bass without a mixing board attached to the front of it? I've seen other pictures showing what seems to be a T bass.

" err yeah so, Mark....King bass sales are down....what we gonna do?"

"dunno Rob...can you knock up something that sounds like , well.....a bass? Also something that looks like well, you know ...something traditional but keep the fancy lights..?"

"I got just the thing Mark..."

"Is it original?"

"Well it is  green. You haven't done green yet.."

"I'll take two of em' . One for main and .."

"Yes, one for back up. I know".