Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton B550 anyone?

skidder652003

I have the six string version and I'm pretty happy with it. Slightly funny tale - I'd suggested a cheap six-string guitar when the wife asked what I'd like for Christmas. I was aiming for something like an HB or Squier Telecaster to muck around with. I knew she'd ask my guitarist mate for advice, so praised his new Tele and said I was thinking of picking one up myself.

Xmas morning - this monster is under the tree! Not at all what I had in mind, but really can't fault it.

• Haha 2

On 07/06/2021 at 12:34, geoham said:

I have the six string version and I'm pretty happy with it. Slightly funny tale - I'd suggested a cheap six-string guitar when the wife asked what I'd like for Christmas. I was aiming for something like an HB or Squier Telecaster to muck around with. I knew she'd ask my guitarist mate for advice, so praised his new Tele and said I was thinking of picking one up myself.

Xmas morning - this monster is under the tree! Not at all what I had in mind, but really can't fault it.

Good for you. I talked about bass guitars a lot for years and nothing😂

• 1 year later...

I bought two hb guitars two years ago which are still great and have served their purpose really well. 

guitar 1 - a Hendrix esque strat , left handed for my eldest son to learn on. About £125

he’s doing really well to be fair and now two years in yearns for an American fender. 

guitar 2- a rose wood telecaster (a la George Harrison) for me. Just for at home playing. Im a bass player (ovs) but have the occaision noodle on the racing snake and so not worth spending big money but nice to have around….

mine did need a bit of attention to get it set up right though but as I’d only paid £150 I had no hesitation in getting the sandpaper out leveling the frets and re crowning myself. 
plays great now….

so not the gear your asking about no, but in terms of “can this be any good because it’s so cheap”…… yeah , I’ve no idea how they can make and ship these guitars for these prices, other than they must be made by 7 year old luthiers……. 

6ED87E19-B6B8-4B08-840E-AF271F82D764.jpeg

Edited by Wonky2
  • Like 2