Why become a member? ×

Curious 74 AVRI Jazz

Edenburgh

I think the mis build aspect doesn't detract from the future value at all. The communication from fender in writing is contemporary with the receipt for the bass, so is sufficient provenance. Keep the paperwork safe !!!

wicked looking bass, btw.

• Like 2

To be fair, this bass actually looks better than the legitimate AVRI 74 sunburst. It's a nicer  'burst and the tort plate makes it look like an early 70's model. It will not have any negative effect on the resale value.

I've got one of these basses and they are smashing instruments. The chunky neck feels good and is surprisingly easy to play, probably due to the very narrow nut width. The 74 pickups sound suitably nasty too.

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your lovely new bass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would take the tug bar off personally but apart from that I think it is a totally gorgeous bass. 

I don't think that the mis-build aspect would really hurt the re-sale value of the bass, especially since Fender have confirmed the authenticity of the bass. I personally quite like the idea of owning an American made 'mis-build' as makes it an (accidentally) unique bass. Just think of it as a custom build that was custom made for somebody else. It is an American made Fender, it will be a class bass. 

• Like 1