Why become a member? ×

RIP Peter 'Mars' Cowling

peteb

Saw him with Pat Travers Band at Reading 1980. Pat Travers & Pat Thrall on guitars, Mars Cowling on Bass & Tommy Aldridge on drums.

Brilliant gig, Mars was a big influence on my bass playing, rock with a very funky groove & digging in grunt!

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Saw him with Pat Travers Band at Reading 1980. Pat Travers & Pat Thrall on guitars, Mars Cowling on Bass & Tommy Aldridge on drums.

Brilliant gig, Mars was a big influence on my bass playing, rock with a very funky groove & digging in grunt!

I was at that show as well - great gig! 

I always thought that the Go For What You Know Pat Travers lineup was one of the best rock and roll bands ever, playing / performance wise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peteb said:

I was at that show as well - great gig! 

I always thought that the Go For What You Know Pat Travers lineup was one of the best rock and roll bands ever, playing / performance wise!

I was there too..not close to the stage but their's was the only set that me stop what I was doing and look up.  Got a few live albums including the brill Donny Hathaway one but I reckon GFWYKnow may well be the best live album ever made. Very crisp.

• Like 1