Why become a member? ×

How will I know.?

bubinga5

Ok so a quick  of question. I have a Genz Shuttle 6.2 and a Genz 210 cab. obviously I have a 600w amp going into a 300w 8ohm cab. How will I know when I'm getting to the cabs limits.? Too be honest I've turned the amp up and the cab doesnt seem to be struggling. Doesn't seem to get that bass heavy or loud either.? But of course I don't want push it too much.

Edited by bubinga5

It's been a while but didn't the Shuttles have something in them that filtered out some of the lows to the cabs to make the cabs seem better than they were?. It's been a while so it may not even be Genz gear but I do remember something about a certain amp doing something to flatter the cabs.

20 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

It's been a while but didn't the Shuttles have something in them that filtered out some of the lows to the cabs to make the cabs seem better than they were?. It's been a while so it may not even be Genz gear but I do remember something about a certain amp doing something to flatter the cabs.

I seem to remember something like that as well, but wasn't it related

to most class D heads?

4 hours ago, Delberthot said:

4 hours ago, Delberthot said:

Maybe you mean the preset filters on the amp.?

22 hours ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

The classic term is 'farting out'.

Please explain this. I've heard it mentioned many times over the years, but a quantitive explanation would be most useful. What does it sound like, considering everyone's farts quite different.

• Haha 1