Why become a member? ×

Noisy Strings

Hobbayne

I have today taken delivery of a MIM P Bass which came with the factory fitted Fender strings. Scrape, screech!  etc.

I'm thinking of maybe fitting some of my favourite Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies ASAP!  

I guess they must be steel or nickle plated at least.

Blimey! O.o

Edited by Hobbayne

I don't understand this.

I keep looking at my stash of strings on the shelf... they haven't made a noise for the past hour or so. maybe they're like dogs sometimes, the minute I leave the house they start making noise. I'll ask my neighbours...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hobbayne said:

They are just so noisy when I run my hand over them. I must be too used to old strings! xD

I suggest you get yourself a KFC bargain bucket and after eating the lot neglect to use the lemony clean up wipe before playing the new bass.  That should fill all the gaps in the windings nicely.

Edited by Nicko

7 minutes ago, Nicko said:

I suggest you get yourself a KFC bargain bucket and after eating the lot neglect to use the lemony clean up wipe before playing the new bass.  That should fill all the gaps in the windings nicely.

Oh god, thanks for reminding me...

2 hours ago, mcnach said:

I don't understand this.

I keep looking at my stash of strings on the shelf... they haven't made a noise for the past hour or so. maybe they're like dogs sometimes, the minute I leave the house they start making noise. I'll ask my neighbours...

Yes, wait till the Postie calls....it will be yap- yap- yap....

Labella White nylon tapewounds, the copper variety.

They are fantastic.

Not quite roundwound sound, but a lot of top end if you want it. Really good tight bass and low mids presence... and of course smooth, quiet, and very flexible. They're particularly nice on Precisions.

7 hours ago, mcnach said:

Labella White nylon tapewounds, the copper variety.

They are fantastic.

Not quite roundwound sound, but a lot of top end if you want it. Really good tight bass and low mids presence... and of course smooth, quiet, and very flexible. They're particularly nice on Precisions.

Last time I was in Chris mcintyres he was talking about them.  Might give them a wee turn when my elixirs give up.