Why become a member? ×

SWR 8x8 HENRY

Great cabs. I had one years ago, they do shift an enormous amount of air for their size, and have a really sweet tone into the bargain. I had to Google the location (West Peckham) thinking it was a bit of a joke name (like South Chelsea, St Reatham etc) but it's actually a village down in Kent, not far from Tonbridge. That and the username rang a bell - if the seller is who I think it is, these cabs will have graced the stages of some big names.

• Like 1

I think the explanation is in the specs.

480W RMS power handling @ 4 ohms
Frequency Response -6dB @ 35Hz and 18KHz
Dimensions: 23-1/4"W x 36-1/2"H x 18-1/2"D         
Weight: 100 lbs.

Lovely as I'm sure this is, how many of us really want a bass cab that weighs 100 lbs? In fact, he's got a bit of a cheek describing it as "very portable"!

30 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Lovely as I'm sure this is, how many of us really want a bass cab that weighs 100 lbs? In fact, he's got a bit of a cheek describing it as "very portable"!

LOL. However, having owned one of these I didn't find it too much hassle to move around IIRC. 

I used to wheel it around, and loading into my Astra estate meant using the rear bumper to tilt it

into the back which I could manage on my own. (I was a lot younger then though ...)

Probably wouldn't have used the word 'portable' to describe it though, more 'not bad for it's 

weight' maybe? Just wish I had the space and playing situation to have one again, really

fantastic cabs and for the money a no brainer.

50 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I've a SWR Goliath SNR which I believe is the same cab size. With the wheels it's easy to move around until you come up against stairs and then you're in trouble. At 115lbs you always hope there's a lift at the venue!

Am guessing that's the 6x10? Great cabs too, and as you say same size as the Henry although

a touch heavier. Stairs dilemma known as the dalek principle I believe!!

I was able to manhandle my 8x8 up the stairs to my 1st floor flat without too much difficulty, but I was younger and fitter then. 100lb may sound like a lot, but it's almost exactly the same weight as my two EBS Proline 210s together. The difference is that I can deal with them separately! I'd have a couple of the 8x8s in a flash if I had crew to lug them about... and they're still far more portable than an 8x10...

Edited by lowregisterhead

• 3 years later...

I have one and am looking to sell it. Might just list it on the forum later on. Sounds absolutely awesome but I can't get it out of the car by myself.

Besides that, my stack of two Trace Elliot 2x8 cabs is just as loud. Faitalpro speakers kick donkey.

Besides that, I also have a Barefaced Big Twin II.

TOO - MUCH - GEAR

34 minutes ago, DiMarco said:

I have one and am looking to sell it. Might just list it on the forum later on. Sounds absolutely awesome but I can't get it out of the car by myself.

Besides that, my stack of two Trace Elliot 2x8 cabs is just as loud. Faitalpro speakers kick donkey.

Besides that, I also have a Barefaced Big Twin II.

TOO - MUCH - GEAR

I'm based in the Netherlands, too, so that would be awesome! I'll PM you.