Why become a member? ×

SOLD Gretsch G6128TCG Duo Jet, 2008 125th Anniversary model REDUCED £1600
£1800

Now £1600

My cherished and much loved Gretsch Duo Jet here for sale. I'd love to keep it, but realistically it just doesn't get enough use to justify keeping hold of it as I mostly play bass now.

This a 2008 Japanese model with a rare '125th Anniversary' plate on the rear of the headstock, in near-mint condition. It is 10 years old so there are a few little micro-scrapes and buckle-rash on the varnish - though probably could mostly be buffed out. Only three real 'dings' shown on the last three photos - tiny chips where the varnish has come off. It's only been gigged once or twice as it has been used mostly as a home / studio guitar. 

It honestly has the most playable neck I've come across and is far more versatile than just the normal Gretsch rockabilly / country niche, but if you're looking at this you probably know enough about the model itself. Suffice to say I wouldn't be moving it on if I didn't simply need the money.

I've owned this from new, bought from Fair Deal Music in Birmingham in 2009 after passing it in the shop window for a couple of months on the way to work and finally succumbing to temptation. It comes with official Gretsch hard case and all the official documentation / truss rod adjuster. Only thing I can't seem to find are the keys to lock the case.

Obviously this is an expensive item, if anyone wants to come around and try it please get in touch.

1_86.JPG

2_86.JPG

3_86.JPG

4_86.JPG

5_86.JPG

6_86.JPG

7_86.JPG

8_86.JPG

9_86.JPG

Edited by nickmew
SOLD

• Josh locked this topic