Why become a member? ×

Mono M80 gigbag

cayston

6 hours ago, cayston said:

Hi all, looking to get a gig bag for my Sei headless bass and was wondering if any of you guys might know if the Mono M80 guitar gigbag would fit? Or would I have to go for the bass version? 

Many thanks in advance!

It would indeed, but try the Fusion Urban guitar bag first. A whole lot cheaper, more pocket space, and it's better padded too.

https://www.fusion-bags.com/collections/urban

IMG_7576.JPG

I have a Fusion (and another on the way with my ACG build), and whilst they're excellent bags, I prefer the balance of my Mono bag, specifically when carrying on one shoulder. The Fusion almost feels a little top-heavy weirdly (nothing in the top pocket).
The Fusion is slightly slimmer front to back and feels quite compact, so that may also be a consideration too.

Either way I don't think you can lose, both excellent.

As for the 'fitting in a guitar bag', I'm not sure, probably depends on the scale-length of the bass? A 35" or 36" scale bass, even when headless, probably needs a bass bag. A headless 32" or less might fit in a guitar bag?!
Try measuring the full length of the bass and emailing Mono directly perhaps. Looks like the overall length of the Guitar case is 105.4 cm/41" (external), so you should be able to make an educated guess.

Si

Should point out my bass is a headless Sei too, 34” scale and there’s a good bit of room between the top of the instrument and the top of the gig bag, at least 8cm or so.

586CCD7D-9118-4822-ACF6-D6718A1ABCB9.jpeg

Edited by ambient

1 hour ago, ambient said:

Should point out my bass is a headless Sei too, 34” scale and there’s a good bit of room between the top of the instrument and the top of the gig bag, at least 8cm or so.

586CCD7D-9118-4822-ACF6-D6718A1ABCB9.jpeg

But that's a bass bag right? The OP is asking about the Guitar version, which is a fair bit shorter overall than 8cm :)

Si

48 minutes ago, Sibob said:

But that's a bass bag right? The OP is asking about the Guitar version, which is a fair bit shorter overall than 8cm :)

Si

It’d be a pointless bass gig bag if the only room for the headstock was 8cm.

Thank you guys for all the tips. I already have two Mono bags for my other basses hence I am more incline towards it. 

Si - mine is a 34’’ scale flamboyant so the Mono should fit.

Ambient - good to hear it fits well and looks like that I’ll go for the Mono guitar then.

12 minutes ago, ambient said:

It’d be a pointless bass gig bag if the only room for the headstock was 8cm.

Ah ok sorry, my bad!

Very interesting, I have a 33” headless build nearing completion, so worth knowing!

Si

Edited by Sibob

4 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Ah ok sorry, so you’re using the Guitar bag? Very interesting, I have a 33” headless build nearing completion, so worth knowing!

Si

It’s great, I no longer need worry about walking through doorways, or like just now walking along the aisle on the train.

• Like 1