Why become a member? ×

FS Adamas/Ovation Melissa Etheridge 12 String Acoustic Electric **SOLD**
£1200

Selling a load of unused gear to finance extended building work Chez Beedster, not happy to see this stuff go but need the cash so 'cest la vie :(

The below pic is form the guy I originally bought it from in, IIRC, Nashville. I'll post more pics tomorrow (Wednesday), I'm doing the listings now when my resolve is high! I'm really not after any trades please.

This is a stunning 12-string, that has all of the best qualities of Ovation with few of the usual negatives. It is extraordinarily playable - there's not many 12 strings will allow easy to fret bar chords at the 15th fret after all, extremely lively and responsive, and as the result of the pre-amp, extremely versatile. The ebony board is spectacular! It's the only 12-string I've ever been able to play finger style on with any competence. I've recently been playing this as a 6-string and it is perhaps the easiest and liveliest guitar I've ever played. Problem is I've an early 70's Gibson acoustic, and whilst it isn't lively or easy to play, it suits my style of playing far better.  

Goes without saying being from the Adamas range it's a Connecticut USA built model (early 2000's). It's in very good condition overall, although I had the top re-glued in the bottom left corner after it had started to come away from the bowl (a common issues with carbon tops), but I guess a sign of how well built this thing is was that despite this the intonation was still spot on! Goes without saying it's structurally and functionally perfect now, and as the work was done by Martin Simms you can rest assured it was a highly professional job.

It's in a hard case so happy to courier.

image.thumb.png.feefec0c8388a46ad56b186c785f9eca.png

image.thumb.png.4d40d06950f2ee78087501dfdc6dbae3.png

image.thumb.png.af5d1bf7397a0b4e05027c2c5ba8a4f3.png

image.thumb.png.c7cf0b7bdadd35ccdfc9a248980f5b4a.png

image.thumb.png.fdc50cd7afbfbd9938f52d3f38366868.png

image.thumb.png.42b0ab272c7bba175958ef87ee82ee72.png

image.thumb.png.b1a718eb4a16aa3eaa848a0423335dbe.png

image.thumb.png.d75471923d50e82f95b612a3f34a6e67.png

image.thumb.png.3d50351cd599fa1eb381ef5e10679e7c.png

Edited by Beedster

On 3/22/2018 at 18:12, Bilbo said:

I would have this in a shot but I am about £1199 short. These are great guitars. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Bilbo, wish I had more use for it to be honest as it's the sort of guitar I'll probably regret selling in about 5 years time when another one can;t be found for love nor money. It's the only 12-string I've ever been able to play properly to be honest, or at least for more than about 15 minutes; I used to find my hands tired badly on 12, this thing is so effortless it's laughable, I can play it for literally hours without problem. Action is also ludicrously low and easy right up the neck, which is also pretty unusual on a 12 (I've owned decent 12s by Yamaha, Guild, and Fender about which you certainly couldn't say that!). C'est la vie :(  

Just stunning - I realised after owning a Ric 360/12 that I have even less talent on 12 strings than on 6 (swapped it for a 4001), but if I had the funds I think I'd buy this just to look at it - what a beautiful instrument.    Ovation top-end guitars are fabulous. 

Bump and GLWTS Chris :)

Hey Greg, yep that's my sense also, to play a 12 well (and not just end up sounding like a ELO/Tom Petty rhythm track) is quite a challenge, which is why I love this, it makes it kinda easy to do, lovely for C&W/Bluegrass finger style.  

• 2 weeks later...

Played this at length last night (albeit as a 6er) and think that selling it could rank with selling my '64 Precision in the 'now why the hell did I do that' category. If there's anyone lurking out there who's interested and biding their time hoping that the price will go down or I'll be looking for trades, now's the time to get in touch because I think I'll withdraw this quite soon and instead list the Gibson MK81, which I am far more emotionally attached to but which, in the cold light of day, is probably not as useful to me as the Ovation.

C

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Josh locked this topic