Why become a member? ×

Small PA, Studio monitors, or something else?

operative451

Hi!

So yes - what it says up there. My musical comedy duo have started doing regular-ish live-ish youtube videos, for which i got lots of help on the recording forum to make the sound better by going into a behringer UMC404HD 4 input audio interface, which is working well!  But now we need to be able to hear it properly. As we're using a Zoom B3n and a POD for bass and guitar, plus backing tracks, its easier to DI into the audio interface and then use whatever amps to hear what's coming out the other end. Currently we're using a cobbled together mess of a Stagg acoustic practice amp and a Warwick BC15.1 to hear ourselves, which sounds predictably pants, and makes mixing and editing more of a faff...

So i'm thinking either a little PA, one of those 'two speakers and a box with knobs on' jobbies, or some 'Studio Monitors', aka jumped up PC speakers. Basically they need to be able handle Di-ed bass without going PTHHBBBOOORP. And sound ok not-super loud as this all happens in my living room and i live in a flat!

Thanks! :)

Edited by operative451

I agree with lemmywinks. Studio monitors or similar will not handle uncompressed music at anything like sensible levels in a noisier environment and anything decent won't be cheap. If you want something that will reproduce DI'd bass at any kind of level, you're going to have to spend some money. Don't, repeat, don't buy anything without trying it for its intended purpose first. That's a sure-fire route to throwing money away.