Why become a member? ×

Scotts using Barefaced Cabs

funky8884

6 hours ago, mcnach said:

I'm guessing you mean Devine?

I saw him with a funky coloured One10 somewhere, yes... But I think he's still very attached to his Vanderkleys.

Hi Mcnach, yes I meant Scott Devine, I noticed it yetsurday

8 hours ago, Sparkl said:

I must absolutely try BF 10s I wasn’t impressed with 12xns (in the long run that is) for what I need.

Quite a different animal.

I had a pair of BB2 which were ok but I never loved them. I tried a Two10... and now I have two. Love those.

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

I'm considering trying the 1x10 as a possible replacement to my MB N.Y. 112.

I haven't used a single One10 on a band gig. I'm not saying it won't work, just I'm not brave enough to put my huge sounding 5 string bass (I hit a lot of low notes), through one on its own. I did use 2 One10's on a low volume gig and was complimented on the sound and have gigged a Three10 (One10 on top of a 4 ohm Two10) at band volume with no problems.

I have a second Two10 on order. I'm expecting good things.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 00:48, chris_b said:

I haven't used a single One10 on a band gig. I'm not saying it won't work, just I'm not brave enough to put my huge sounding 5 string bass (I hit a lot of low notes), through one on its own. I did use 2 One10's on a low volume gig and was complimented on the sound and have gigged a Three10 (One10 on top of a 4 ohm Two10) at band volume with no problems.

I have a second Two10 on order. I'm expecting good things.

I would get two as I use 2 NY112's for my rig anyway but would want to try one first before taking the plunge and buying two :)

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:13, Wolverinebass said:

I played Merton's 1x10 and it was really good. Weighed nothing, surprisingly loud and had a very high treble extension for a cab with no tweeter. I thought it was great.

Bass Bash?  I recall standing there open mouthed at the volume and sheer quality of sound being produced by a Ricky, a TE Elf, a Barefaced 1x10 and a smattering of Chris Squire riffs...

1 hour ago, TrevorR said:

Bass Bash?  I recall standing there open mouthed at the volume and sheer quality of sound being produced by a Ricky, a TE Elf, a Barefaced 1x10 and a smattering of Chris Squire riffs...

Nah, Merton popped over to my studio for a play of a few basses and as well as his acg, he brought the barefaced to try.

26 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

Nah, Merton popped over to my studio for a play of a few basses and as well as his acg, he brought the barefaced to try.

Yes I did! Your rig with its massive power amp through the single One10 was a remarkably big sound. For a lot of my gigs it’s absolutely perfect and when I need more I have a Super Compact to add in or use instead :)

14 hours ago, Merton said:

Yes I did! Your rig with its massive power amp through the single One10 was a remarkably big sound. For a lot of my gigs it’s absolutely perfect and when I need more I have a Super Compact to add in or use instead :)

Ha! That was great fun. 😜

For those concerned about power handling, we smashed 530 watts at 8 ohms into it and it didn't compress at quite insane volume especially for a 1x10. 

Some manufacturers say things continue to get louder as you turn the volume up. Mostly this is just marketing crap. In the case of the One10, that's actually true. 

• Like 2