Why become a member? ×

Bridge Over Jamiroquai

stewblack

20 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

i don't hate him for owning a ferrari, i hate him personally because he is such an utter tw@t

...albeit good lyricist and frontman

The Tw@t with the H@ts*.

I am filing for rights on the cartoon that's about to be made on the back of this statement.

* It means The Twit with the Hits.  Why?  What did you think I meant?

19 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I met JK and most of the rest of the band (not Zender) at a charity 5-a-side Football do. He was very approachable and we had a bit of a laugh at Damon Albarn's expense..

After Mr Albarn paid your bar expenses were things more or less blurry?

Real-life vs life as seen on screens... no comparison.  Sorry you missed meeting the big Z.

I love the first three Jamiroquai albums and find it bizarre when fellow musicians don’t share my enthusiasm. I find Zenders playing inspirational, groovy as hell and effortlessly cool. By Zender’s own admission however it was often the case that JK would sing the bass melody to him, and he would then build upon it with his own ideas.

The more recent albums sound rather generic in my opinion and aren’t what Jamiroquai were originally about. 

Here’s Zender on a P, Derrick McKenzie laying it down, and JK hitting the high notes after (I suspect) one or two fragrant roll-ups. 

• Thanks 1