Why become a member? ×

SOLD - EBMM Bongo 4 HH
£950

Jack

Hello good people of Basschat.

The great Joe Nerve once said "I used to play bass, but I now I play Bongo" and now here's your chance too. For sale is my MusicMan Bongo 4 HH. It's in Sapphire Black, which is the almost-grey metallic colour and in very good condition. There are a few tiny scratches on the headstock but nothing else of note really. EDIT - The chip I was sure was on the headstock is on the upper horn instead, and there's a tiny a scratch on the body. I've included photos of those below. As well as the black scratch plate that's on it I'm also including the original (and slightly gaudy) grey pearl scratch plate as well as a road worn hard case. It's just had a clean, a brand new set of D'addario balanced tension strings and pro set up by the Bass Doc. Weight is 4.1kg, 9.1lbs apparently.

Subjectively? It's a Bongo! Massive tone, very usable 4-band eq, great (or hideous, depending) looks, very comfortable.

I'm located about 10 minutes North West of Newcastle. You would be encouraged to come along and check it out before buying, but I'm open to posting, delivery, ect within reason. In terms of payment, cash is always preferable but a bank transfer and paypal are good too. At this point you're thinking 'Great, but what about trades?' Well, yes but I need at least most of the cash as I've just put a deposit down a new watch. If you really, really wanted then I quite fancy a traditional-looking MIM or similar p-bass with a maple neck. Or possible a MIM or similar telecaster guitar.

IMG_20180320_172125.jpg

IMG_20180320_171801.jpg

IMG_20180320_171928.jpg

IMG_20180320_172309.jpg

IMG_20180320_172320.jpg

IMG_20180320_172050.jpg

IMG_20180320_172256.jpg

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark_ii said:

9.1 lbs surely ?? 

9.1 kgs is one heavy bass,  most come in around 4 kgs.

4 hours ago, Kevsy71 said:

Fantastic basses, I had a 4HH too - but I'm guessing yours is not 5kg heavier :)

GLWTS!

Hah! Yes, that's what I get. You see, I'm a scientist. A science communicator actually, I teach science to adults and young people.

I was desperately trying to move away from SI because I know most people use imperial so obviously I typed 9.1 and then wrote 'kg'. Rest assured it is 9.1lbs and therefore 4.1kg

• ped locked this topic