Why become a member? ×

PB-50 Headstock Re-shape

kodiakblair

Does anyone know what the internal dimensions of a standard ashtray bridge cover are? Ideally I want to fit one over the hi-mass bridge that they’re now fitting to PB-50s. Originally I was going to replace it with a BBOT style bridge, but the holes won’t match up, and filled screw holes on a sunburst finish are not going to look good. I suspect the cover won’t fit over the larger hi-mass bridge.

1 hour ago, BrunoBass said:

Does anyone know what the internal dimensions of a standard ashtray bridge cover are? Ideally I want to fit one over the hi-mass bridge that they’re now fitting to PB-50s. Originally I was going to replace it with a BBOT style bridge, but the holes won’t match up, and filled screw holes on a sunburst finish are not going to look good. I suspect the cover won’t fit over the larger hi-mass bridge.

I think I read somewhere (probably EBay) that the internal dimensions are approx 83mm (W) x 64mm (D) x 24mm (H) for a standard size bridge cover.......

• Thanks 1