Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez ATK805 Premium Bass SOLD
£695

lowregisterhead

For sale is my Ibanez ATK805 Premium bass. I only bought it a couple of months ago from Dave Swift, who imported it himself from the States, and although it's a lovely (and very rare) bass, I have my eye on something else, so sadly it has to go!

The build quality is superb for such a reasonably priced bass, and it has a great range of MM/P/J tones from the MM/J-style pickup combination, 3-way coil tap switch on the MM-style pickup, and 3-band preamp. It's really comfy to play, and weighs only 4.1kg on my digital bathroom scales, so certainly no heavyweight, and balances really well on a strap or on the knee. Bridge keyhole string anchors or through-body stringing, 34" scale, 18mm string spacing at the bridge. It's in very good overall condition, with just a couple of dings on the body and the neck shown in the pictures, and if I was to be picky, in a certain light you can see a little shininess on the wooden scratchplate below the strings. Sale includes the Warwick Rockcase shown in the pictures. Note that the Schaller straplock buttons shown in the pics have now been replaced with standard chrome buttons. I have a brand new bass on the way to me, so sadly this has to go.

Collection is preferred from near Woking, Surrey.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 22:37, Pinball said:

ooh my weopon of choice, great basses these but I can't justify two. Good luck with the sale!

Yes you can :D

One in the chamber one in the clip. You know it makes sense!

• Like 1

It is tempting but having two the would be madness.

This is the bass that stuck with me and stopped me flipping basses. Very versitile with loads of sounds. Ibanez's answer to the G&L L2500. What I particulary like is that switch. I use the EQ flat and just flip that switch to get a more agressive sound when I want with no volume increase whatsoever. It can do a great P bass sound, Stringray whatever, is well built.

You should keep it buddy. My band love mine so I'm under instructions to keep it.

Edited by Pinball
  • Thanks 1

Just played this while buying Dave’s Carvin SB5000 - it was a tough decision between the two! This is a beautiful instrument and does a fantastic take on a Stingray sound, plus much much more. Very good B string, even and consistent. Will be jealous of whoever get this.

Dave’s also great to deal with!

• Thanks 1