Why become a member? ×

SOLD Carvin SB5000 J-Bass SOLD
£695

lowregisterhead

For sale is my Carvin SB5000 J-bass, in a cream finish, with a maple neck and a birdseye maple fingerboard. It has a really powerful 18v preamp with three band EQ and mid sweep (does the Marcus Miller thing very well). 34" scale, 18.5mm string spacing at the bridge, weighs 4.3kg on my digital bathroom scales, bridge or through body stringing. The fingerboard has darkened nicely with age, but the frets are still in great shape. There are a few small dings shown in the pictures, but nothing bad. Sometime in the past a previous owner fitted a Marcus Miller-style chrome cover over the neck pickup, which is included, hence the screw holes in the scratchplate. Note that the Schaller straplock buttons shown in the pics have since been replaced with standard chrome buttons. Comes complete with a Carvin-badged G&G lined hardcase. I have a brand new bass on the way to me, so sadly this has to go.

Collection from near Woking preferred, but I can post for another £25 within the UK. Sorry, but I'm not looking for any trades.

NOW SOLD.

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Like 1