Why become a member? ×

Stuart Clayton's "Bass Lick of the Week"

oakforest5961

I haven't seen this mentioned, so thought that I would share it for those who might be interested but didn't known about it.

Stuart Clayton is doing a "Bass Lick of the Week" series for a year on his YouTube channel. He's about half way through the series now. The licks are usually 4 bars long which he plays twice through, with music in notation and tab showing, at the start of the video. He then takes you gently through the lick one bar at a time in a nice, clear manner with no jokes or rambling.

The licks are in different styles, some played with fingers, some with a plectrum; if you are not keen on one, just try the next. I would say that they are generally intermediate to advanced level.

If you are into grooves/licks then you'll probably appreciate this series. Here's a link to the first of the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MBspU7_Ot4.

I have no affiliation to Stuart or Bassline Publishing. I just think that this series is first rate and that Stuart is a class player and teacher. Credit where credit's due.
  • Like 1

You get the same by liking his Facebook page too, Baselines publishing. I like his style. Met him at the bass guitar show a few years back and hes very down to earth and non-pushy, even when trying to sell you something... Let me rephrase that to asking you if you'd like to buy! Decent guy.